Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
I am a Nomad
806 Posts
Do we know if the Spartan 29, will take 27.5+ wheels, as well (i.e 27.5x2.8)?
The Troy 29 can, but for the Spartan 29, there is no such mention in their website...

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks for your note. I want riding local enduro trails mostly, several times per year the alps and maybe some race. But need that bike will bw capable for longer daily rides. So pretty allround. I was reading that the spartan is pretty compact, so probably will decide beetwen tbe foxy and sc.
I guess if you want it as a very capable allroundbike, I dont think the XL will be too short. If you want it as an enduro race bike, it will probably a bit too short for your height, as you cant upsize...

I would go medium if its going to be my only bike. But I have a 2019 Trek Remedy for allround use. So I want something more progressiv and fast, thats why I probably would upsize and go with a Large.

Do we know if the Spartan 29, will take 27.5+ wheels, as well (i.e 27.5x2.8)?
The Troy 29 can, but for the Spartan 29, there is no such mention in their website...

Sent from my Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk
No idea... Why not go with the normal Spartan? i am shure it will fit 2.6 tires...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, actually I think the reach is ok, but the TT effective (639/636) measure is pushing me back from buy the bike as I am afraid from non-comfort during pedaling. Hopefully more experiences from taller riders will come soon.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Has anyone tried a 29x2.6 tire on the rear of the Spartan? Aluminum build
Will it fit? I have one on order and have some 29x2.6s I wanted to put on it, but they say 2.5 is the max rear tire size, seems a little odd considering it's super boost?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts