Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
it's all a big lie, i made it up for fun. my mate did not buy the grey and red S29er and did not ride it in our Tuesday night group ride. sweet looking rig though, barely looks any different to the 'regular' Spartan. MCC's a big dealer, lots of Devinci's round here.

·
Registered
856 Posts
marshalling for the end of season enduro race (Island Cup), there were 2, not released, make believe S29s in the race. naturally it's all a lie, but they sure looked good. less black than charcoal and the red is a bit subdued as well compared to the pro bike photos you've seen. i don't like all Devinci colours, but these are very nice looking to my eye. it's amazing the **** you see out here in the stix. Bumpkinville is overflowing with pro riders and mtn bikes. you might say we're a little drinking town with a mtn bike problem.

no they weren't even close to the podium, it's all teenage junior world cup level guys and ex olympians, and the bike doesn't even factor into the results.

·
Registered
195 Posts
marshalling for the end of season enduro race (Island Cup), there were 2, not released, make believe S29s in the race. naturally it's all a lie, but they sure looked good. less black than charcoal and the red is a bit subdued as well compared to the pro bike photos you've seen. i don't like all Devinci colours, but these are very nice looking to my eye. it's amazing the **** you see out here in the stix. Bumpkinville is overflowing with pro riders and mtn bikes. you might say we're a little drinking town with a mtn bike problem.

no they weren't even close to the podium, it's all teenage junior world cup level guys and ex olympians, and the bike doesn't even factor into the results.
Hahahah, I love it, for the record "Bumpkinville" has some of the best trails in North America

·
Registered
303 Posts
You mesn the short interview in the ews video on youtube? He just states he feels good onthe bike.

Or what interview are you talking about?

·
Registered
303 Posts
What do you mean? Its released abd the first reviews are out.

What I think is curious, that obly the LTD Version has a reduced offset fork and Code Brakes. This is probably the one I will get.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I hope so. Wish it to be a bomber downhill. Wonder if it will descend as good or better then the SB150. I doubt it though as the Geometry wont be as progressiv as the SB150.
The SB150 isn’t even as capable smashing rough stuff as the Wreckoning or Firebird 29 according to Bike Mag review. So I’d say there is a fair chance the Spartan 29 is more capable with 15mm more out back and potential to run 180mm front. It’s probably not as good on the way up, but my guess is better on the way down. I have the 27.5 Spartan, but haven’t ridden any Yeti’s.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Anybody ordered the Spartan 29 yet?

I am still waiting to sit on a medium. Curious what people are ordering sizewise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, any tall rider with the spartan29? I am 191, 5 (6'3.5"), like the bike, but concened if I am not too tall for the bike. :( my short list is spartan, foxy29r and hightowerlt

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hmm... I am 174 and probably go with the Large... So I dont know if the XL would fit you. Depends on what you want the bike for I guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for your note. I want riding local enduro trails mostly, several times per year the alps and maybe some race. But need that bike will bw capable for longer daily rides. So pretty allround. I was reading that the spartan is pretty compact, so probably will decide beetwen tbe foxy and sc.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts