Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Can u post a screenshot? I am either blind or dumb, but there are only 2 different numbercharts on my devinci site...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Summer Camp Bible of Bike has 5 29er LT reviews. One of them is still under embargo and its most likely the Spartan 29, as they speak about it in the Firebird 29 review

·
Registered
23 Posts
Maybe in 10 days we'll see 29er in Spain... I heard rumors about colors, that would be green-yellow and the black-red that also rode the official team riders.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Devinci should wake up to the fact that they are probably hurting their brand image and possibly bike sales of this new model with their idiotic false prolonged 'embargo'. the dam bike is in stores already for crissakes. what a strange strange company.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
What I wonder is, if they are already in the shop, why there arent popping up any photos in the internet??
They are not available for purchase yet until the embargo is lifted. And no they are not in shops out of the box as the above poster of talking out of his rear end.

Devinci is not hurting there image one bit and are being intelligent by making sure the bike can be ready and sold on the date they officially announce it. Having Superboost has complicated the time table which led to delays because you can’t release a bike when you don’t have the wheelsets available.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yeah EWS Finale. If they dont release it there, I am gonna cry and probably go with another bike because I want to testride it... and no, not in the snow!

And it doesnt seem very intelligent to me to put Guides on that kind of bike. Exactly the same nonsense like Yeti is putting xm wheels on the SB150. Nothing but stupid, sorry. Its not like they already cost 10000.- dollars...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Yeah EWS Finale. If they dont release it there, I am gonna cry and probably go with another bike because I want to testride it... and no, not in the snow!
Definitely wait to get the bike because it’s going to be such a great bike going up and down with the durability that Devinci is known for.

Although I’m not a fan of Superboost as I feel that 157 spacing should be reserved for DH bikes the benefits will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I hope so. Wish it to be a bomber downhill. Wonder if it will descend as good or better then the SB150. I doubt it though as the Geometry wont be as progressiv as the SB150.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Mountain City Cycles, Courtenay BC, just sold the size Large they had in stock for the last couple weeks, and i know the guy who bought it. they had one of the first shipment to Canada. so skinnybex, shove it up your ass you ignorant sack of ****.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Mountain City Cycles, Courtenay BC, just sold the size Large they had in stock for the last couple weeks, and i know the guy who bought it. they had one of the first shipment to Canada. so skinnybex, shove it up your ass you ignorant sack of ****.
Nice fabricated story you country Bumpkin. Go back behind the barn where you belong and stop spreading lies.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well all it needs is to tell your friend to take a picture, and we are all happy (especially me)

What color did he buy?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Nice fabricated story you country Bumpkin. Go back behind the barn where you belong and stop spreading lies.
so without getting between this little quarrel that statement isn't entirely untrue. There are a handful of canadian dealers who have been in fact sitting on them for weeks waiting for the release. devinci has pushed the release date back a couple of times. friend of mine rode one at silver star a couple weeks ago as a demo. I believe devinci actually asked the dealers to send the bikes back at one point lol. As far as getting sold one there are a lot of dumb kids that work at bike shops that don't know anything and possibly just sold it not thinking twice. so before everyone gets all buck wild up in here the bike is coming and cunning stunts probably isn't full of ****.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I'm very aware that the bikes have been sitting at shops and a few line sellers for weeks but they were told by Devinci to honor the Embargo and not sell or even unbox or build the bikes.

Obviously there are business owners or employees that don't give a rats ass about the rules or request but if your running a successful business or have any integrity you wait until your told. Devinci would revoke a dealer agreement over something like selling the bike early and letting it leave the shop. Yes, it's pretty silly to make a big deal about a bicycle being sold early but there are reasons for this.

Devinci is a rad company that has that rider first approach so it's worth the wait and not spewing stupid BS like cunning stunts was doing over how they run there business.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wonder if they went for a quick redesign, maybe steepened the seat angle after seeing the direction bike geometry is headed, would be a shame to release an obsolete bike...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Its got a steeper seatangle (76 in low), same reach and HA and slightly longer wheelbase.

Wished they streched the reach a bit and went with a bit lower HA though

21 - 40 of 67 Posts