Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Devinci website has been updated and the Atlas is no longer an option. They no longer have any 26" wheeled bikes, either. It looks like they've gone 27.5 only.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Would have been nice to see the Atlas get the modern geometry tweaks that the Troy got.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Seems like horrible timing, the short and slack 29er catagory is on fire. I think the Atlas was ahead of its time.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Seems like horrible timing, the short and slack 29er catagory is on fire. I think the Atlas was ahead of its time.
I agree. All they have to do is make the head tube 1 degree slacker (to 68.5 with a 120 fork) and front triangle just a little longer (the slacker HTA would add some length as well), and steepen the STA a degree. The bottom bracket is low enough, and the head tube and chain stay lengths are short enough already. I set up a size XL Atlas for my brother who is 5'10" for the longer front-center, and it works really well with a flat wide handlebar and 60mm stem flipped negative. There isn't a whole lot of seat post showing though, so adding a dropper would be tough. At 6' 2.5", the XL frame is just a little too short in the front center for me to feel really confident at higher speeds.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeah, I got a grat deal on a 2015 Large carbon, at 5'10" it fits spot on with a Pike 120mm 70mm stem and 760mm bars

·
Registered
438 Posts
Be patient for a long-travel 29r from Devinci? Do tell, good man.
Something along the lines of a Remedy or Following? That's what I'm looking for, and would rather give Devinci my ducats...

·
Norðwegr
1,908 Posts
I agree. All they have to do is make the head tube 1 degree slacker (to 68.5 with a 120 fork) and front triangle just a little longer (the slacker HTA would add some length as well), and steepen the STA a degree. The bottom bracket is low enough, and the head tube and chain stay lengths are short enough already.
That would be perfect, only missing a proper headbadge :p

I'm a happy carbon '13 owner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts