Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I have a Devinci Banzai for two year now, it is the same frame as what they call the Remix in 2006. The frame design and construction is top notch, I'm tempted to say it is equivalent to most boutique frame makers. I bought the frame only because I was not satisfied with the parts kit they were offering but I think they offer a pretty good price for their bikes when you are happy with the parts kit they offer. I can't really say anything about their other bikes but I assume it must be pretty good also.

orbital6 said:
I was wondering if anyone knows anything or has riden a Devinci mountain bike?? any devinci for that matter.

·
Muskoka
3,482 Posts
Devinci Moonracer

I am on my 2nd Devinci. I think they make great bikes. I ride XC but from what I read they also have models that are popular with the all-mountain and downhill crowd. People in the industry say Devinci is on a roll these days, picking up market share. I have a Moonracer, which is for XC, & weighs about 24.5 lbs.And its stiff,'strong, & a no-bob Horst Link suspension design.
Here is a review & a few pics of mine. There are more pics in the Canadian Bike Forum.

http://www.pedalmag.com/index.php?module=Section&action=viewdetail&item_id=2535

here is a link to their site
http://www.devinci.com/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
deadgoat said:
I just bought a Devinci Dragonfly FS race bike, similar in works to the Trek Fuel.
Weighs about 25.5 lbs. Seems like a good design.
Parts spec is very good.
Thanks for the info, I was thinking of a ellsworth, or a kona but I think the next step is to test the devinci myself. did you use the stock fork or did you upgrade it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am lucky enough to be sponsored by my LBS and this year they gave me a Devinci Moonracer.The bike is awsome and very lite but durable.I raced alot of XC races as well as the transrockies and the World 24hrs on the moonracer and can't fault the bike.I have a 2006 model on order and can't wait for that.2006 has a few upgrades from 2005 and I think a better fork so looks like a nice complete package.I also ride a Kona King Kikapau as a back up bike,it's a good alround bike but not the XC racer the Devinci is.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Stock fork was a SID Race

orbital6 said:
Thanks for the info, I was thinking of a ellsworth, or a kona but I think the next step is to test the devinci myself. did you use the stock fork or did you upgrade it?
It now has a SID Race but I just bought a Manitou R7, The SID doesn't have a lockout so it bounces a bit. I have a Manitou Scareb whick is sweet and the R7 is the new version

1 - 8 of 8 Posts