Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
This is a quote about the Atlas from another thread called "Two pending bikes: SB-95 vs. Ripley help."

This is a misconception. I was concerned about the tire clearance on the Devinci myself. Yes, they show it with small tires but there is room for bigger. Maybe not 2.4s on P35 rims but I would have no problem with my Cedric Gracia 2.25s on Flows.

I really liked the Devinci I rode at Outerbike. I would have liked it better with beefier wheels and bigger tires, though.
Suspension is a DW split pivot.

·
eschewing obfuscation
319 Posts
basically committed to buying one today (by selling my current geared race sled).
the planned build, intended for endurance/marathon racing:
atlas frame (upgrade to rp23 w/kashima)
sid world cup xx fork 15mm
industry nine xc hubs/spokes laced to crest front, arch ex rear
xtr 3x10, xtr 11/36, xtr shifters
xtr brakes, race, with ice tech rotors
bontrager xxx stem
niner carbon bars (cut to 690mm)
ritchey superlogic carbon post (400mm)
xtr race pedals
bontrager rxl ti saddle
racing ralph evo tubless 2.4 front, ikon 2.2 rear
this is basically the build of last year's race bike, save for xx brakes on a superfly 100 with an f29; iam thinking it will come in just under 25lbs, a touch more than the fly but trusting it will ride (technical stuff, in particular), way better. i will post pictures once the frame comes in and the build is complete. psyched!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
basically committed to buying one today (by selling my current geared race sled).
the planned build, intended for endurance/marathon racing:
atlas frame (upgrade to rp23 w/kashima)
sid world cup xx fork 15mm
industry nine xc hubs/spokes laced to crest front, arch ex rear
xtr 3x10, xtr 11/36, xtr shifters
xtr brakes, race, with ice tech rotors
bontrager xxx stem
niner carbon bars (cut to 690mm)
ritchey superlogic carbon post (400mm)
xtr race pedals
bontrager rxl ti saddle
racing ralph evo tubless 2.4 front, ikon 2.2 rear
this is basically the build of last year's race bike, save for xx brakes on a superfly 100 with an f29; iam thinking it will come in just under 25lbs, a touch more than the fly but trusting it will ride (technical stuff, in particular), way better. i will post pictures once the frame comes in and the build is complete. psyched!
Post up pics and a ride report, I am very interested.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just got my atlas in, unfortunately the rain came with it so no dirt for now. Only several miles so far on concrete path with some staircases and park benches to play around on. Initial impressions are good but I will need a fair amount of time on the trail to form an opinion overall.

Going to change the tires and go tubeless as sb8's are not really my thing but other than that there is not too much I am going to change other than maybe the saddle. I will write more about it when I have some trail time on it.
<p>

<p>

·
WIRVNTANASHRSH?
228 Posts
Does anyone have a ride report on the Atlas? I can't find a single review where someone has actually ridden the bike and talks about the ride in any detail. I'm super curious about this bike, but just want some feedback.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Does anyone have a ride report on the Atlas? I can't find a single review where someone has actually ridden the bike and talks about the ride in any detail. I'm super curious about this bike, but just want some feedback.
and what's the widest tire you can run on the back?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts