Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
... I guess you won't be
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turner 5-spot content included - A typical cold n' grey wintery beer/booze fueled romp thru the post-apocalyptic urban landscape of Detroit....goats, pump tracks, to abandoned train tracks and all in-between. And good news, Nancy Whiskeys [where Jack White got his after hours chops] re-opens this March!

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Nice! That is true passion for riding right there. Sometimes you gotta do what you've got to do. I remember winters back in Nebraska. We had a townie winter route that enabled us to go thru 3 or 4 parking garages without ever hitting a street. Had to go down a few hotel hallways to connect them but it was sure fun stuff. I love rides like that.

Thanks for the stokage, jokermtb.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Fun video.

Reminds me of when I got my first MTB and the only "trails" were around Campus. That's what I considered mountain biking back then. It eventually lead to singletrack and It's been downhill ever since.

·
I am Doctor Remulak
1,423 Posts
jokermtb said:
A typical cold n' grey wintery beer/booze fueled romp thru the post-apocalyptic urban landscape of Detroit....
Wow, that brings back some memories of growing up in the suburbs of Detroit. The old Tiger Stadium site was sad and post apocalyptic seems like the best description for the urban decay all around Detroit.

Glad I got out when I did. Thanks for the memories.

·
Registered
381 Posts
nancy whiskey's was closed? guess that's what happens when you have kids, out of the loop. for the non d-towners, its a house, a ****ing house in a horrible goddamn horrible neighborhood across the freeway from old tiger stadium. the last time i was there, they were serving cans out of a bathtub on the second floor on the sunday closest to st paddy's.

they didn't remodel, did they?

·
... I guess you won't be
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple of months ago, we were riding around there and stopped into Nancy Whiskey's for a shot and a few PBR's......incredibly, it caught fire that night [and no, we weren't playing with sparklers!] - the bar was destroyed, but the building is "intact". Talked to the owners [in the vid] and they said they'll likely re-open this spring....said the first TWO rounds were on them when we ride up!

Great place with a true Detroit tradition...glad they'll be back [provided the city backs off on their "oh?, it's not zoned for that" crap.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts