Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious to know how to determine the year of a Santa Cruz Bullit. The components are as follows and may not be original:

Shimano Deore XT derailuers, crank and shifters
Fork - Bomber
Rear Shock - 5th Element
Rims - Rhyno Lite
Brakes - Hayes Hydraulic (Appear top be 6" rotors)
Paint - Silver

Appears to be in good condition. This is all the info I can provide. Is it enough or is there some destinctive way to determine the year? Any thoughts on its worth? Thanks.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Oreo Man said:
I was just curious to know how to determine the year of a Santa Cruz Bullit. The components are as follows and may not be original:

Shimano Deore XT derailuers, crank and shifters
Fork - Bomber
Rear Shock - 5th Element
Rims - Rhyno Lite
Brakes - Hayes Hydraulic (Appear top be 6" rotors)
Paint - Silver

Appears to be in good condition. This is all the info I can provide. Is it enough or is there some destinctive way to determine the year? Any thoughts on its worth? Thanks.
Just write down the serial number, usually on the bottom of the bottom bracket. Then, give Santa Cruz a call and give them the serial number. They should be able to tell you the year.

Gabe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gabe0807 said:
Just write down the serial number, usually on the bottom of the bottom bracket. Then, give Santa Cruz a call and give them the serial number. They should be able to tell you the year.

Gabe
I don't physically have the bike. I am looking at it online and it does not state the serial number. I do not think it is possible to acquire this serial number. Are there any outstanding features? It is not really important. It is simple to settle my curiosity.

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
Oreo Man said:
I don't physically have the bike. I am looking at it online and it does not state the serial number. I do not think it is possible to acquire this serial number. Are there any outstanding features? It is not really important. It is simple to settle my curiosity.
Someone just posted this same question on the SC board. Older frames didn't have head tube gussets. the 02' and earlier had the bent seat post tube.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
keen said:
Someone just posted this same question on the SC board. Older frames didn't have head tube gussets. the 02' and earlier had the bent seat post tube.
The bend at the seat post.......is it a very slight bend leading away from the head tube? The bend appears to start near where the rear shock mounts to the seat tube. I think I can see a slight bend on a pic of a 2001 that I have. Is this accurate?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.