Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!
I'm trying to put together my 99 Diablo medium size frame and am clueless!!! I tried checking the manufacturers site, but they only go to a 2000 model and not older. It is brand new and I have had it for 2 years. I'm moving to Hawaii (Oahu) in a month and am desperate to get it together for cross country and maybe down hill trails there. My ex was supposed to get it together for me... and now I need help! I have a few parts and don't even know if they were for my bike.
I have:
Race Face bottom bracket in fr 113 / series srx 113.
Race Face Chris King Headset is my size.
Avid Mountain ball bearing disc brake w/ caliper pos. sys. front rotor 160mm
Avid Mountain ball bearing disc brake w/ caliper pos. sys. rear rotor 160mm
and a Kore forged seat post, no idea what size, but it slides perfectly into my frame.

If anyone can point me into the right direction for a site or with any info it would be SERIOUSLY appreciated!!! :) :D :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bottom Bracket spindle length and other thoughts

If your Bottom Bracket is the ISIS splined style (the SRX is I believe) the 113 mm BB you have will work fine (I used the 113 mm ISIS on my Jamis dakar). Isis 113 mm is standard for mountain bikes. Its the shell width of the BB I would be more concerned about. Apparently the Raceface SRX is adjustable for 68mm or 73 mm shell widths. It uses a spacer ring to fit to the 68 mm BB shell that Jamis uses (my Dakar had the 68 mm BB shell). If you have the 2.5 mm spacer ring, the BB you have should work fine.

Seatpost size should be stamped into the post down near the minimum insertion line on your post (unless post has been cut short, or scratch marks have obscured the stampings).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AnonyMoose said:
If your Bottom Bracket is the ISIS splined style (the SRX is I believe) the 113 mm BB you have will work fine (I used the 113 mm ISIS on my Jamis dakar). Isis 113 mm is standard for mountain bikes. Its the shell width of the BB I would be more concerned about. Apparently the Raceface SRX is adjustable for 68mm or 73 mm shell widths. It uses a spacer ring to fit to the 68 mm BB shell that Jamis uses (my Dakar had the 68 mm BB shell). If you have the 2.5 mm spacer ring, the BB you have should work fine.

Seatpost size should be stamped into the post down near the minimum insertion line on your post (unless post has been cut short, or scratch marks have obscured the stampings).

Thank you for your help! I have the seatpost size right on it and thanks for the BB help! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Diablo and love it!

But I'm sorry to say that your rear disc will not fit. The Diablo only accepts a 22mm Hayes Direct Mount Caliper for the rear brake. I even tried an adapter for rear disc but ended-up with front mechanical disc and a rear avid arch rival 50. I'm actually very happy with that setup; I get the stopping power where I need it the most and weight savings in the rear. no one comment on "weight savings in the rear" please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts