Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am awaiting for a asr-c it´s going on three months.
Who else is in the same position?:confused:
What is the delay on the bikes?:confused:
I have been told 4 different dates and still no bike?:madman: :madman:
New date end of July??????:madmax::madmax:
This is my first Yeti, is it always this way when a new Yeti comes out?
Please if any one knows what´s happening i´d like to now.
Thank´s

·
Registered
128 Posts
Same here, I ordered in january and still no bike...had a lot of estimated delivery dates up to today. Slowly getting sick of it. Yeti can be happy that I am loyal to their brand, I could have easily taken my money elsewhere...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I don't mean to piss on your parade, but I decided to buy the ASR-C frameset about 3 weeks ago, and called the dealer that I get a lot of bike stuff from (they are a Yeti dealer). They had a frame in stock. It wasn't the color I wanted (I was after team colors, and got black) but I didn't have to wait at all. Maybe try getting in touch with some of the other dealers. They might have some stock.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I waited 7 months for mine as was told all kinds of delivery dates. I ended up getting an Anthem again. I've very happy with it. Mind you this happened November-May so I dunno if they are actually here yet. I still don't think they are in Canada.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have been trying to get an ARC, but the delivery date keeps getting pushed. Luckily I don't have any money down. Fortunately, there are alot of comparable bikes out there so I can look elsewhere and I am sure I will be happy. I don't know what the problem is. I really did want to try a yeti.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In Europe?
WERE, SO AM I
And howe are things with the bike, what date now?
If it changes again please let me now or if you get it tell me how it is so i can pashently wait.

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
You guys need to find a better dealer. My LBS has sold 4 of those carbon bikes now and all where delivered days after they where ordered.

One of them had its main frame explode into 4 separate pieces on the second ride though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What? Main frame explode in 4 pieces!?!? What happened? Brutal crash?
Any pictures? First saw the European mag review showing the cracked frame, now this. Please do not break my heart or I will cancell my order!:confused:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Endomaniac said:
You guys need to find a better dealer. My LBS has sold 4 of those carbon bikes now and all where delivered days after they where ordered.

One of them had its main frame explode into 4 separate pieces on the second ride though.
Pics please if you have any...

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
The owner is a ~6'2" I'd guess 180lb guy. The frame exploded literally JRA in a 12 hour race on his 3rdish lap. The course was pretty buff. Not dissing Yeti, any bike can and will break, this one obviously had some sort of manufacturing flaw. Yeti replaced it of course but the owner opted for the aluminum version.

Locally there had been some question as to what the warrantee policy was on this frame as apposed to the other Yeti bikes.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Santa Explosion!!!
Hey, did the race was on a land mine field?:eek: The rider survived?
Beside jokes, that failure looks very scary. :eekster: I know anything can fail, but this is major failure. I have order one, but now I have doubts. Should I go to alloy?:confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Endomaniac said:
The owner is a ~6'2" I'd guess 180lb guy. The frame exploded literally JRA in a 12 hour race on his 3rdish lap. The course was pretty buff. Not dissing Yeti, any bike can and will break, this one obviously had some sort of manufacturing flaw. Yeti replaced it of course but the owner opted for the aluminum version.

Locally there had been some question as to what the warrantee policy was on this frame as apposed to the other Yeti bikes.
I weight 190 been racing all year with out a problem on my carbon ASR! This bike here looks looks like it got pushed off a back off a truck at 60mph.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've seen probably close to a dozen broken carbon frames, mostl of them just cracks under the paint or in a couple of cases where they fell on a rock the carbon would snap.
If this is just JRA, then i am going to wait longer to get one. That frame looks like it was ridden into a brick wall.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.