Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyoe know of any great designing programs to build a virutal bike, im not plannin on building a bike anytime soon just think it would be cool to transfer a design from paper to the computer?

·
Registered
140 Posts
austinb89 said:
does anyoe know of any great designing programs to build a virutal bike, im not plannin on building a bike anytime soon just think it would be cool to transfer a design from paper to the computer?
if you want to be precise....Autocad.
if used properly, it can be super accurate and the newer versions are getting a little more user friendly.
the learning curve is still pretty steep though

·
Registered
53 Posts
The program you use depends on exactly what you want to do. If you're just looking to do a 2D sketch, then AutoCad will work fine. I've never heard of virtual gibbs....no idea what type of program it is. If you're looking to do a full engineering design, then you probably want to use a 3D CAD software like SolidWorks, Pro/Engineer or Unigraphics. I know that Cannondale uses Pro/E. Shizzle is absolutely right about a steep learning curve though. All of these programs are ridiculously expensive too. If you're a student then you might be able to get your hands on them for around $300, but if not then its more like $3000 or more.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
inventor 9, my school uses it and im currently usein it to make a bike for a school project

its also easier to learn than autocad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.