Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Puddle Monkey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going down hills is our reward for riding up them. It makes us go fast. It makes us happy.
Going Downhill = Being Happy
Tell your stories, post your pics! This is for those of us who have to ride up a hill in order to ride down it.

·
Puddle Monkey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh Yes!!!!

That is a most passionate descent!!!! That's what i'm talking about. That kind of stuff is rare where i come from, but i've heard of one that's a couple of hours drive away

P.S. Where is that?? I want to ride it someday

·
Puddle Monkey
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MikeJRA said:
Oh, I was smiling. The HaB was to get up. We climbed for 8 hrs pushing or carrying our bikes and then got a 2.5 hour descent.
Sorry, i thought that it was just the drop in the picture. D'oh moment. That sounds like a dream of a descent!!!!! 2.5 hours???? = <3

·
Registered
812 Posts
exomatt said:
... for those of us who have to ride up a hill ...
No one who is sane has to ride up a hill! I'd like it to be known that not once, can I be accused of riding up a hill. The old sailing adage, "Gentlemen don't beat to windward," also applies to cycling up hills. Only barbarians ride up hills.

The MT in MTB doesn't stand for mountain when a mountain looms. It means disMounT. As in, it is now time to dismount.

On the Great Dividing Range, there are no mountain bikes. One has either a push-bike or a missile.

Warren.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.