Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now I am running an all Shimano XT drivetrain. I an using the Med Cage XT rear with an 11-34 cassette and 9 speed shifters. I am thinking about going to Sram X9 or X0. My question is since I am only running the small and medium rings on my crank if I go to sram should I also use an med cage and should I do 11-32 or 11-34?

·
Just Ride !
842 Posts
Why I must ask ? XT RDs are one of the best out there.

·
Bicyclochondriac.
14,934 Posts
Prostreet513 said:
So right now I am running an all Shimano XT drivetrain. I an using the Med Cage XT rear with an 11-34 cassette and 9 speed shifters. I am thinking about going to Sram X9 or X0. My question is since I am only running the small and medium rings on my crank if I go to sram should I also use an med cage and should I do 11-32 or 11-34?
See the sticky near the top of the page

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=284688

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Prostreet513 said:
Have run 2x9 with SRAM since 2004, both work but mid-cage works a little better.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
C.M.S said:
Why I must ask ? XT RDs are one of the best out there.
I thought that as well and I tried a bike out with sram x7 and then one with x9 and the shifting is so much better. I was amazed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts