Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok gang just a quick question. i just picked up kingfisher and for a single pivot it has lots of chain slapping or chain bouncing you could say:skep: . anyway, would it be a good idea to get a short arm derailleur remove some links off the chain or just get a chain guide/tensioner. or can i get both!!! :confused:

i got a X-9 long, and was thinking of a X-0 short (seen for cheap) to change to.
and was looking at either the e-thirteen DRS or MRP's LRP??

anybody got an opinon or any better idea to solve this???:thumbsup:

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Okay, keep the X9, check the chainstay length with the shock fully compressed (remove the spring) and remove extra links.

If you have two chainring use e-13 DRS... If not then try the e-13 SRS or LRP from MRP.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
can you tighten up the B-screw? i use a Bullet Brothers derailleur tensioner, worx nicely

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tacubaya said:
Okay, keep the X9, check the chainstay length with the shock fully compressed (remove the spring) and remove extra links.

If you have two chainring use e-13 DRS... If not then try the e-13 SRS or LRP from MRP.
I am really new to all of this SO,
I'm just trying to picture this right before I try it out!:madman:
Ok so I take off the spring and compress the suspension, measure the chain and remove some links? what happens when I realse the suspension and put back the spring, and carnk it all the way to the low gear will the chain break off the cassette?:confused: Or when I remove links out of the chain, do I make sure that it is in the lowest gear already?? Now once I do this will that bring in the arm so that it does not hang so low? :confused:

Thanks alot for the advice!!!

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Just experiment take a link out see how is shifts. If its still smooth and there is still slap then take another one out. Take them out until it doesnt shift through all the gears. I have a e.13 DRS on my 7.3 It works really well. I also wraped the chain stay with a old inner tube from a 24" tire. Snip snip and you have a cheap yet very effective and quite chain stay protector and it doesnt leave a sticky residue when you need to take it off! XD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.