Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
My geo holds me back...
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i am getting a bit stronger i have been using 2nd-4th on the rear more and more. Today i noticed something strange. Under heavy peddle load, my bike was ghost shifting abit...something this bike has never done ( surprising as that may be ). Turns out my tire was hitting the swingarm as well!! The culprit: BROKEN AXLE! I was riding on pavement when this happened.....

Anyway, i just can't afford a new bike right now. Can the axle be purchased separately or will i have to get the whole hub? I'm not going to put any real money into this bike if i can help it.:madman:

·
Registered
My geo holds me back...
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LBS to the rescue.....$7 for a new axle. Also rode my first genuine LBS mtb: A Jamis hard tail.....Jesus how much lighter that thing was! I think I'll spend the extra coin on a FS bike though.....
Maybe in a few months.....

·
Registered
My geo holds me back...
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, i expected the hard-tail to peddle much more efficiently, but i didn't feel that much difference. Hard to tell without really riding it in the proper environment though....

The ignition 2 is likely my new bike, but the dealer i got my axle from had some good deals on left-over '05 Jamis Dakar sport ($750 ish ).

Are the frames on the Ignition the same ones as the Mongoose wing? It looks very similar....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.