Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rock into the bike shop today hopefully to be greated by my Epic Comp 29er which was due for arrival on October 30th, then November 30th, then December 30th, only to be told today it should arrive in the country (I'm in Australia) on January 30th.

I'm so annoyed - I've got three weeks holidays and no bike. I sold my previous bike in October, thinking my Epic would only be a matter of a few weeks away.

It's not the fault of the bike shop, they took my order in good faith after being told by Specialized (distributed by Avanti in Australia) it was going to be available on Oct 30th. But gee, how could they be out by so much. It really doesn't leave the bike shop in a good position as people think they're strining them along.

I almost changed my order but there are no other full susp 29ers available from the other manufacturers and I don;t want to shop at another shop.

ANYWAY - rant of depression and anger over. I've got some spare time - are there any suggestions of articles I can read and research regarding setting my bike up and also what tyre pressures to run etc for racing and trail riding.....?? I need something to fill in the time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't know if this is true or not, but I read in some other posts in this forum that there were some delays or recalls on the Epics, maybe this is why yours is taking so long. Try a search and see what you can find. The Specialized website has info. on setting up the bike once you finally get it. I bet it is hard to wait, but I'm sure you'll love the bike once you get it. I just got a Stumpy FSR 29 about a month ago, with a couple of delays as well, and I'm loving the new bike. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.