You are gonna be seeing those things in the rental fleet in every beach town in america.
When I called Mongoose for the info I posted earlier the lady said the headtube was 1 1/8" so any fork should do if you change the stem and go threadlessLooks like a 1" threaded headset on it. Kinda hurts the alternate fork options if you can only fit a 1" steerer fork. But, hard to tell from the pics and awesome list of specs
Remember that epic thread in General Discussion about Big Box bikes ?awesome, screw surly and salsa, I bet walmart has those big tires for $30 and they are going to be the best thing ever.
Wow 46lbs. That'll be fun getting in the back of your pickup truck. These'll go over like all the other poorly conceived ideas that Walmart has sold in their bike lines, from the higher end carbon bikes to the crap 26er FS bikes. Operative word: crap.
Good point. Unfortunately, in my time spent helping a homeless guy with his bike in the last two years, I've learned that a common thing among them is steal each other's bikes, any bike really, and not maintain their own because it's just going to get stolen.Best thing to happen for the homeless/DUI population of Anchorage in a long time.
The other side of the coin:The political portion was removed
I know lots of folks don't like Wal-Mart
but this is fascinating.
PLEASE, READ THIS TO THE END. IT IS VERY INTERESTING!!!
Wal-Mart vs. The Morons
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at WalMart Every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St.
Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger
+ Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway
combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.
8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA
of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000
more than it had five years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am
really laying the ground work for suggesting
that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run
Wal-Mart to fix the economy.
Here we go..bashing Wal-Mart again in a perfectly good thread. We all know how Wal-Mart operates. Don't like it. Don't shop there.
LOL. I could actually order one to my store and get it within 5 days. Not a single speed fan as there are too many hills, but if you lived in an area with decent paths it would make for a good cruiser bike. Anything else and you're pushing the limits of the bike.
To be fair, I think anybody honestly suggesting that Wal-Mart be put in charge of the entire US economy needs to be called out. Otherwise, I agree with the don't shop there mantra.Here we go..bashing Wal-Mart again in a perfectly good thread. We all know how Wal-Mart operates. Don't like it. Don't shop there.