Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought some XT shifters to replace my deore. The problem is.... Have I been ripped off?? because.... these new XT look almost the same as the deore, apart form the fact that they are less plastic and more metal. Even my cycling partner commented that they aren't XT, because they should have XT printed on them.

Has anyone come across these plain black XT shifters?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they look like the ones I have!

What made me suspicious is that these have deore printed on them... but... the triggers are metal unlike the plastic deore ones.

Anyway, seeing those on ebay makes me feel a bit better!

Confusing though, eh?

cheers!

·
Banned
3,380 Posts
neil_uk said:
Yes, they look like the ones I have!

What made me suspicious is that these have deore printed on them... but... the triggers are metal unlike the plastic deore ones.

Anyway, seeing those on ebay makes me feel a bit better!

Confusing though, eh?

cheers!
Anything above Deore level has Deore printed on it. As deore XT, deore LX. They are XT for sure. The window has the little arrow on it as oppose to Deore level has nothing.
Also you'll notice the thumby level is rubber coated and replaceable as Deore is not. As Psycho Mike mentioned, internals on XT are bearing fitted as Deore are not, and what makes shifting much better and crisper. more precise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.