Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone replace these things? The skewers and the seat post QR uses them. I searched several sites and finally found a size that was close but then the material wasn't recommended for use in the sun. To complicate things, it seems that the cross section is not round. I thought I would ask here before I waste any more time.
Jeff

·
Phobia of petting zoos.
1,009 Posts
I'm not convinced the originals were that great in the sun either! :)

It's an O ring. They come by the hundreds for not much money. Once they start to crack, swap them. Or apply sunscreen.

Close enough is good enough for a rider.

Grumps

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I searched for those things too. There are eBay sellers out there asking and getting $5 ea for them. And they aren’t the real things either. If you can’t find the original use some calipers and measure the groove in the nut. Remember that the originals were wider than the groove was high if that makes sense.

·
artistic...
7,652 Posts
Just replace those old shimano skewers w/ something blinger and lighter. Those shimano skewers are boat anchors. They were the first things we "upgraded" in the early 90s. Purple is your friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.