Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with a Deore shifter pod. When pushed alot of times it will push forward like there is no tension on it and sometimes it will work correctly. Is there a possible fix or is it trash now. Thanks for the help.

·
Positively negative
2,288 Posts
highdelll said:
try flushing it out with a solvent like WD-40 - I've heard that can cure many pods that may be gummed up inside... never had to do it myself though.
That'll work sometimes but in most cases I find I have to pull off the cover and wiggle the pawls to get them moving again. I get bike in the shop all the time that have spent the last 5-10 years in storage with this issue. It's pretty rare I can't get em working again.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
big_papa_nuts said:
That'll work sometimes but in most cases I find I have to pull off the cover and wiggle the pawls to get them moving again. I get bike in the shop all the time that have spent the last 5-10 years in storage with this issue. It's pretty rare I can't get em working again.
Yes, I meant that as a shot so stuff may not have to be disassembled - If it doesn't work, he's no worse off..then it's disassembly time - on the other hand, if it does work...;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
yeah.. i am going to pull it apart anyways to clean it out. I could hear and feel a lot of grime that was loosened up and it doesn't feel very smooth now... so I'll give it a nice cleaning.

Thanks for the tip!
G-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.