Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know how to remedy a pulsating disc/ caliper ,I have a Clark steel disc and Shimano deore brakes everything thing is Brand New I've even tried Stan level brakes and the same problem persists,I got the stock pads and I burned um in like I thought I'm supposed to ,get up to twenty mph and brake hard and release before coming to a stop, about 20 time's , please help I'm having a break down over my broken down brakes

· Registered
1,161 Posts
So I guess your rotors are running true and pretty much straight as they're new?

If it's a really bad pulsating/judder that gets faster the faster you go then it's could be down to partial contamination on one section of the rotor so pads are grabbing like they should and then not as the contaminated section passes through.

· BOOM goes the dynamite!
6,876 Posts
If it's one of those rotors with the larger or unevenly spaced holes and wavy edges (usually to try to shave grams or look cool) sometimes they'll pulse as more/less rotor material is in contact with the pads. Something like the one below? Or the pad could be too high/low and not on the brake track.

· Registered
466 Posts
Does anyone know how to remedy a pulsating disc/ caliper ,I have a Clark steel disc and Shimano deore brakes everything thing is Brand New I've even tried Stan level brakes and the same problem persists,I got the stock pads and I burned um in like I thought I'm supposed to ,get up to twenty mph and brake hard and release before coming to a stop, about 20 time's , please help I'm having a break down over my broken down brakes
Post some video of this "pulsating"

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I guess your rotors are running true and pretty much straight as they're new?

If it's a really bad pulsating/judder that gets faster the faster you go then it's could be down to partial contamination on one section of the rotor so pads are grabbing like they should and then not as the contaminated section passes through.
How can I uncontaminate,I have lighter fluid haha

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's one of those rotors with the larger or unevenly spaced holes and wavy edges (usually to try to shave grams or look cool) sometimes they'll pulse as more/less rotor material is in contact with the pads. Something like the one below? Or the pad could be too high/low and not on the brake track.

View attachment 1940735
It's wavy

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.