Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the new Deore 51t, 11 speed cassette will work with an XT M8000 derailleur?

I'm assuming a goat link or something similar will be needed.

·
Registered
2018 Trek Stache
1,247 Posts
Since it is new and there aren't that many that are actually available I don't know if anyone has tried it. There have been many who have tried using that setup with the goat link using the Sunrace 11-50 cassette and have not been happy with the results. They switched to a SLX or XT 12 speed derailleur for the 11 speed cassette and have been happy with the results. The 12 speed derailleur has the same pull ratio as the 11 speed derailleur.

·
thecentralscrutinizer
2,964 Posts
Does anyone know if the new Deore 51t, 11 speed cassette will work with an XT M8000 derailleur?

I'm assuming a goat link or something similar will be needed.
Max tooth in the rear for the M8000 is 46T. The Deore is the only 11-spd that will handle that 51T

·
Registered
2018 Trek Stache
1,247 Posts
Since it is new and there aren't that many that are actually available I don't know if anyone has tried it. There have been many who have tried using that setup with the goat link using the Sunrace 11-50 cassette and have not been happy with the results. They switched to a SLX or XT 12 speed derailleur for the 11 speed cassette and have been happy with the results. The 12 speed derailleur has the same pull ratio as the 11 speed derailleur.
Related thread here.https://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-...th-11-speed-shimano-1120849.html#post14423775

1 - 4 of 4 Posts