Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to pick up a cheap 200-300 SS to use around town, I am also looking to use the shop for tunes/service on trek ex 9.8. Any suggestion would great, I am near wash park, no issues with a bit of a drive. Have not found a great shop as of yet, thanks.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I will always recommend Salvagetti Bicycle Workshop near the Flagship REI on the north side of downtown. They pretty much specialize in both commuters and mountain bikes. I can't say you'll find a $2-300 bike there, but they'll do you well with service on any bike...commuter or mountain. You'll just like it (and the employees) when you go in there...it's kinda hard not to.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks will check it out. I don't mind spending more, just would prefer to not feel too bad when or if it get stolen. I have heard good things,will check the place out. BR

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
One last thing, the service is great. I was pretty amazed that a fitting and suggestions of what might need to be switched out at no cost if I thought a longer stem was needed. All for a ss to use around town, I think it was well over what I expected. My next mtn bike will be from them, and the current one will be serviced there. Really nice experience. BR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.