Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Pueblo today to check out if Red Gate was in riding shape. Sadly it is not but it is getting there. Trails were very soft with scattered patches of snow. Not even good to hike on because you just sink it (bike never left my car). Give it three or four days of sun and it should be good. Will be going back on Thursday to check it out.

Chris

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
Chris9702l said:
Went down to Pueblo today to check out if Red Gate was in riding shape. Sadly it is not but it is getting there. Trails were very soft with scattered patches of snow. Not even good to hike on because you just sink it (bike never left my car). Give it three or four days of sun and it should be good. Will be going back on Thursday to check it out.

Chris
Did you go there again today (Thu)?

Based on what you saw, do you think it will dry enuff to ride this Fri or Sat?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still crap

Wasted my time going down there again. It was foggy and freezing, no sun to be found. Red Gate got a little better but isn't rideable. When you walk on the trail you sink in ever so slightly (if I was on a bike it would definitely cling to the tires in no time). Bummer, dog is pissed, the Motolite is pissed, and I'm sick of not riding. It probably would be nice and rideable in the early morning hours when it is still frozen.

Chris
good thing I'm going to Vail this weekend

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
Thx for the info!

Looks like I am going to have to knock the dust off of my road bike tomorrow. Actually, kinda looking forward to logging some serious miles on my road bike...been a while.

I don't know how familiar you are with Red gate but I have a pretty good map. PM me if want a copy.

Thx again for the update.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Went to Red Gate today...

I'm tired of having to get up early to ride on frozen mud and I thought that surely by now South Shore would be dry enough, so I loaded up and headed down there. Nope, still too muddy. There are sections that are good, but far too many that are still pure mud. After walking and carrying my bike around for a good half hour I finally gave up. They got a lot of snow down there! :mad:

Sigh... it was sunny, temps in the 60s, light breeze, a perfect day for riding. It will take quite a few more days like that to dry the place out. :nono: From the looks of the forecast that isn't going to happen any time soon, however.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.