Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
61 - 80 of 1135 Posts

·
Maui Grown
722 Posts
ekripper said:
I put some close ups of the Rocco mount on the Demo. It's a sweet shock. My Ti spring from the Swinger fits it as well so that's a bonus. Later.
I have a Swinger on my Demo 8 and would like to upgrade to the Roco or Fox 5.0. I tried mounting my friend's 5.0 on my bike to test it out but the spacers/reducers from the Swinger don't fit. Will I have the same problem with the Roco? Do I need to get special spacers/reducers to mount either shock? If so, where do I get them? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Poi Boy said:
I have a Swinger on my Demo 8 and would like to upgrade to the Roco or Fox 5.0. I tried mounting my friend's 5.0 on my bike to test it out but the spacers/reducers from the Swinger don't fit. Will I have the same problem with the Roco? Do I need to get special spacers/reducers to mount either shock? If so, where do I get them? Thanks.
Hey Poi Boy if you get the ROCO you will love it. Check out the following Ridemonkey link where I have started a thread (I am Evilbob) which has pics and some info. Also do a search on Ridemonkey as there are several setup threads. The installation is the same for either the ROCO or Fox DHX. Good luck and post up your rig. :thumbsup:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159881&highlight=roco

·
Registered
415 Posts
twouareks said:
How do those EX 5.1 rims hold up to downhill riding? The new 2007 Ironhorse Sunday World Cup has the DT Swiss EX1750 wheelset on it, which I'm pretty sure is the same rim.
Have you raced on them at all?
Sorry, I just now read this thread again.
I raced the 5.1's all year with no real problems.
They are strong for how light they are, but they are light.
I put a flat spot on the rear rim, and hit it on a rock hard enough to put a small hole in it,
and it is still on my bike right now. I just kept the spokes tight and kept on riding it.
I like them because of how well their tubeless setup works with them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
2004 Demo 9 DH

Parts Spec:
Frame: '04 Demo 9 DH (medium)
Fork: 888R w/ Rebound & Compression ('05 lowers)
Rear Shock: Swinger 6-way 400# RCS Ti spring (not pictured)
Shifters: '06 X.9 Trigger (not pictured)
RD: '07 X.9 (short-cage) (not pictured)
Brakes: Saint 8"
Chainguide: BlackSpire DS-1 ISCG
Crankset: Truvativ Holzfeller Cranks
BB: ISIS Giga Pipe DH 128mm
Rims: Mavic 729s
Hubs: Ringle (Rear); Specialized Stout 20mm (Front)
Stem: Integrated Marzocchi
Seatpost: Thomson 30.9
Pedals: Shimano DX
Handlebars: Easton EA70 31.8
Grips: ODI Rogue clamp-on
Saddle: WTB Laser V Teamn
Tires: Michelin 2.8(Front) 2.5(Rear)
Cassette: Shimano
Chain: Shimano

Weight: 45.67 (w/Titanium Spring)

rider weight w/gear: 180 - 185 lbs
height: 5' 11"

Attachments

·
Am not, had mine removed.
230 Posts
Beautiful

Doc: And you must be Appling. Look, darling, Appling. The prettiest Demo 8 since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
Kate: You don't even know him.
Doc: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... my demo looks like crap. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

61 - 80 of 1135 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.