Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,247 Posts
I was there on Saturday.. I have pics but haven't uploaded them, will do 2nite.
It is driveable.. a bit narrower though!

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
884 Posts
grrrah said:
Yikes, that picture makes the road look much worse than it actually is. I was also out there last Saturday and it was totally drivable. I was in a little 4dr Protege so you don't need a 4x4 to get through either. A little bumpy and definitely narrow at a couple spots but still safe.

·
Your killing my Strava
628 Posts
grrrah said:
So is this picture of the road comming in from the Summit Rd Side? Has anyone driven in from the watsonville side? I am in Gilroy and I was thinking of driving in that way

·
Your killing my Strava
628 Posts
shanedawg said:
That pic is from the summit road side. I have not seen any pics of the eureka caynon rd slide.
So there is also a slide on the eureka caynon side? Is it passable?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
There is no issues coming from eureka canyon road. Well except it's 30 min extra and boring ride on SUV loaded with bikes.

Light sporty car on another end ;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for finding those pictures.

I went out there with some friends and it truly is scary looking. Sheer drop, with no vegetation to anchor it. Hopefully it'll hold out for the summer since we should be in the dry season now.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,570 Posts
All emergency vehicles from Cal Fire and Santa Cruz County Fire and AMR are now prohibited from traversing the slide due to vehicle weight and road instability. EMS & Fire will only use Eureka Canyon rd from Corralitos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts