Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow that was a blast! That's easily the most fun I had in a long time. Dan'ger thanks for getting us to the parking lot.

It was great to meet a lot of new folks. I enjoyed riding and talking with you all. Looking forward to the next ride. Demo soon for me is a MUST!

Here's some photos. It took me a few shots to get adjusted, even so they didn't come out so great (imo). Sorry for the chopped heads. I'll be back there soon.

-Larry

If you wanted to view them at a larger size go HERE and select "All Sizes"

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Great pics Larry, glad yall had a good time. Where are all your stunt pics? :cool:

Ed on his new Foes!!!

So pissed I coulndt go with busted shoulder, well at least I gotta drink and hit up the jazz fest

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
baycat said:
Great pics Larry, glad yall had a good time. Where are all your stunt pics? :cool:

Ed on his new Foes!!!

So pissed I coulndt go with busted shoulder, well at least I gotta drink and hit up the jazz fest
Baycat you were missed! The photos were taken on Sawpit (I believe, if not someone please correct me.)

Jazz Fest is just as fun. (ok, ok just trying to make ya feel better) :)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blue Shorts said:
The pics were taken on the Ridge Trail at the top of tractor.

Thanks for the pics!!!!:thumbsup:
Ahhh, Tractor thanks for the correction.

Man that was a blast!

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
LJ0913 said:
Ahhh, Tractor thanks for the correction.

Man that was a blast!
Ah, well...a little head choppin never hurt anyone. Thanks for the great pics, LJ! Now, if only you could crop out my gut showing through my too-tight jersey.

It was great to see everyone today. I had a great time and hope that you all did, too.

Who'dathunkit that it was warmer down there than in Berzerkeley today! Wearing the full-face really took it out of me. I sweated like a fiend.

Bruce, you got the geek fodder?

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
That was fun...

nice to meet and ride with new people and nice to see and ride with those I have not ridden with in a while.

Good pics LJ, that was an effort with the added weight.
Off topic: I do hope your wife considers the pump as an alternative.

I don't know... riding with Andy, Reggie & Ed two weekends in a row... people are going to start talking, papparazzi going to be snooping around :skep:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
scheckler said:
nice to meet and ride with new people and nice to see and ride with those I have not ridden with in a while.

I don't know... riding with Andy, Reggie & Ed two weekends in a row... people are going to start talking, papparazzi going to be snooping around :skep:
Me too. She's out of town until tomorrow night, I am going to give her the info you game me as well as the email offer. I appreciate the support Dwight!

Happy 4th all!

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
That's OK

jorgemonkey said:
Too bad I had to miss it :(

Looks like ya'll had fun!
Don't worry, I went in your place. :D Great Ride!

I snuck in late and shadowed the group, picking up stragglers. Gabe and I had a great time doing a shorter ride as I had to get into work.

Considering the relative price of a helicopter and hospital vacation, I bought a Specialized Devian FF helmet. It was quite cool and very comfortable on the ride. Lots of ventilation in that thing.

Pics later, along with geek data.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
A little off-topic...or is it?

scheckler said:

That's a pretty neat gizmo - is that how you got around the problems a few months ago of keeping the insulin cool, etc? My ex used a device like that for anti-contraction meds when she was pregnant with my son. She went into labor early and our insurance hooked us up with a fairly new technology. Nobody was using metered portable packs 15 years ago. It kept him in until he was really ready to come out. I had to change the needle/dressing every 2 days or so.

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
Um never did make it 2 fedex...

Doh..But it was nice to see and ride with peeps i havent seen in a while even though i had a bit of a crummy day overall. Great BBQ and beer fest..too.

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Yes

Dan'ger said:
That's a pretty neat gizmo - is that how you got around the problems a few months ago of keeping the insulin cool, etc? My ex used a device like that for anti-contraction meds when she was pregnant with my son. She went into labor early and our insurance hooked us up with a fairly new technology. Nobody was using metered portable packs 15 years ago. It kept him in until he was really ready to come out. I had to change the needle/dressing every 2 days or so.
that is how I got around keeping the insulin cool. It also has really helped in my blood glucose(sugar)control. There is a website called www.type1rider.com that was started by a diabetic cyclist. That site has helped me tremendously. He also has posted on mtbr but I do not remember his mtbr name, it may be type 1 rider. Yes, medical technology is great. Happy there was something for your ex to assist in the early labor. You are good for doing your part.

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
The Straggler Ride

This was a ride about the same time as your group, and about the same route. But we did Braille instead of Sawpit.

I semi-deliberately arrived late and without warning. I didn't want to slow anyone down, especially if I had to bail not feeling right, or just leave early to meet people at work.

Gabe (gfitness) was a lot of fun to ride with. I was very fortunate to have his company. I hooked with him as he was asking for directions from people giving him bad advice, like to go UP Braille for starters. I intervened for his own safety.

Only after riding halfway up the hill did we realize we were both late for a group ride, that we both had friends named Dan, that we both posted on MTBR, that one of the Dan's I knew had a wife named Shiloh, same as his (what are the odds?). It finally dawned on us that we were both late for the same ride and hooked up by coincidence.

Turns out we're very close in pace. We'll have to ride some more together, especially since we live so close.

We even met up with the first MTBR ride in the parking lot for a while. I missed Plim and 8Track, who needed a second loop to make the long trip worthy.

1. Gabe at Picnic Table at the top of Braille
2. Gabe proving he was at SDF at the top of Ridge.

Attachments

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
My Full Face

Considering the last MTBR demo ride, before the ride I stopped at Trail Head Cyclery to purchase a FF helmet, which worked out great. At $130, it's a lot cheaper than helicopter and hospital visits. I got the Specialized Deviant that had been recommended on the AM forum. It was indeed very well ventilated all over. The mouth guard was well vented and far from my mouth. I could get the camelback hose into my mouth easily, and even a Gatorade bottle through the face hole if I tried. I rode it up the pre and post climbs without getting hot at all. I didn't feel the need to remove and hang it on the camelback, my backup plan. But I did get the helmet a slightly bigger size for more ventilation.

1. Me in my Full Face helmet at the top of Ridge Trail
2. Just my Full Face - no helmet

Attachments

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Braille Teeter Toter

Since I had armor and FF helmet, I had to do SOME stunts. Gravity held me down so well that I couldn't get big air, in spite of Gabe's best attempts to tutor me.

We found the easiest fun stunt is the teeter toter. Here we are both doing it. We kept at it until we got it down right.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.