Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to Demo this week? I am thinking to go this Thursday morning, and am wondering if the back way up, via Cusacks, is still open. The report was that it was to close July 15 thru the fall rains. Do they mean closed to cars, or closed to bikes as well?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am thinking about Thursday also. Sunday there was a sign but still no equipment anywhere. Info at Forest of Nisene Marks doesn't say anything about the closure yet either. I am thinking that they are behind schedule but would love confirmation if anyone gets out there Wednesday.

·
Registered
350 Posts
This means that the following trails are still going to be open, correct?:

if you start at the hihn's mill road lot, ride it to sulfur springs road then to ridge trail, then ridge to flow or braille, this big loop should not be affected by any closures? Its hard to tell from that map but it looks like that route is safe. That's actually the only route I know so...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The route you listed is not scheduled to be affected by trail closures.

There is a back way up via Highland, Buzzards, and Aptos Creek that is often used, that is scheduled to be closed at some point.

This means that the following trails are still going to be open, correct?:

if you start at the hihn's mill road lot, ride it to sulfur springs road then to ridge trail, then ridge to flow or braille, this big loop should not be affected by any closures? Its hard to tell from that map but it looks like that route is safe. That's actually the only route I know so...

·
Registered
51 Posts
rode the exact route you listed on Monday morning, it was fine. In other news, I'm from out of the area but ride demo every summer while we are here. I saw 9 other riders in demo and every single one was on an e-bike. I'm like an old curmudgeon now (at age 37).

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I rode Demo today at 10am. At the start of Buzzards, there is a sign stating the road will be closed through May 15th, but the road is not blocked off. I thought I heard some machinery as I rode up Buzzards, but did not see anything. At the right turn onto Aptos Creek fireroad, there was a sandwich board sign with info about the road closures that is on the internet elsewhere. I stayed to the left and rode toward Cusacks. After Cusacks, when I was back on Aptos Creek, at the closed gate that you ride around from the right, there was another notice posted about the planned road closures. I rode up to Ridge; nowhere along my route did I see any machinery or work crews. I saw 6 other mountain bikers, and 2 of them were on e-bikes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.