Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Demo New Year's Kickoff 1/2/10 9:00am

4K views 84 replies 26 participants last post by  medieval 
#1 ·
Yeah, I know it's a day late but that's how I roll! :D
Friday looks to be a bit wet but Saturday should be good for some damp fun. I still want to explore the stuff to the north of the fire road climb. I hear that there are some fun skinnies to play on, just haven't found them yet.

Demo n00bs welcome as pace will be RELAXED since I gained 5~7lbs of pure fat during December. Sessioning and stunt redos will be encouraged. I'll bring a camera to capture the glory and/or agony.

I plan on doing Corral, Sulphur, Braille because I'm lazy and I get the most fun for the least amount of climbing that way. :prft:

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I sure am glad all you guys are planning this without me. It's 2pm and I just woke up and am happy to see such enthusiasm! :thumbsup:
Looks like I'll be picking up fisherdude (filling my car up) so I'll just meet everyone at the trail. See ya'll there.

Weather looks like it's holding. I don't think there was any significant precipitation and the forecast says that part way through tomorrow the clouds should break and we'll have a nice warm end to the ride.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Dopaminer_09 said:
How much time will this ride take? Maybe I can convince my cousin to come with me, and my wife to release me.
3~4hrs. depending on how long people session stunts and how fast they can climb out on Hinhs.
Approx. break down of time:
Parking lot to top of Ridge Trail - 45min ~ 1hr.
Ridge to Bottom of Corral/Sulphur Springs - 20min ~ 30min
Sulphur Springs to Helipad - 30min ~ 45min
Helipad to Bottom of Braille - 30min ~ 45min
Bottom of Braille to Parking lot - 30min ~45min

Discussion starter · #11 ·
stingray4540 said:
Oh, and I'll probably only do one loop.
I think everyone is going to do one loop...sort of. What SVSocrates means is that he will meet us as we climb back up from Corral on our way to Braille. At least that's what I hope he means otherwise he'll be disappointed to find no one there on the second pass.

Check out this thread http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=298836. I plan on doing the Third image route. I call it intermediate for the fitness aspect. This mileage/elevation is usually my limit for having fun before cramping. As long as we take it easy (no racing up Suphur Springs) everyone should be able to doing the whole route, no problem.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
SVSocrates said:
May meet you out there for the second loop.
OK Sleeping Beauty, :D

We should be at the helipad at 10:45 ~ 11:15 depending on how much fun we have.

Travis

Discussion starter · #6 ·
stingray4540 said:
Oh man, this would be perfect if you guys are gonna take it easy. I've been wanting to check out Demo, as I've never been there.

Are you gonna meet at the trailhead at 9am? If so, which trailhead and were is it exactly? Like I said, I've never been there, and I'll be coming from Saratoga.

I just hope I can talk to wife into letting me go...:rolleyes:
Definitely gonna be easy. I rode with you at ST and you definitely have the fitness to hang with us (me at least). Demo's great and once you go, you'll be hooked.
Just tell the wife that it's your New Year's Resolution to become a better biker and this is necessary to succeed.
Go 17 south to Summit rd. Loop around over the highway and turn left at the stop sign on Summit. Follow the road for about 6mi. to the stop sign, turn right and then immediately left. The trailhead is about 3mi down Highland rd. If the bridge is open I will be parking in the upper lot here :
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=37.082421,+-121.852621&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.116381,-121.920809&sspn=0.003123,0.006947&ie=UTF8&ll=37.082421,-121.852621&spn=0.006295,0.007891&t=h&output=embed
View Larger Map

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.