Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Me, myself and I are planning to do a Demo Forest ride on Saturday, the 5th.:D I’m hoping to find some nice folks to share the experience with. I’ll be driving to the trailhead from Santa Cruz and be available to start by 9:00am. Temps are supposed to be as high at 85 degrees so an early start seems wise. I’m not experienced with the area as I’ve only enjoyed one ride there but with a map I’m sure I can find my way around a loop or two.:rolleyes: A catch phrase for the style of riding I enjoy is “find something to jump on to, jump over or jump off of” so most stunts will be attempted.:eekster: Please let me know if you’re interested…..extra points if you’re a local who knows the trails cold! I promise I can return the favor in my home grounds of Auburn or Northstar.

Thanks,

Michael:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Can't join you, but here is the ideal route if you have a big bike.

Up the road, take the buzzard/ridge fireroad, left on to the Cussack trail. Rejoin fireroad (detour to canadian bacon), right on ridge, down Corral (jumping....), up sulfer, down Braille (Stunts), return to car via hiln's mill fireroad....or if you have anything in your body still, left to ride up tractor, down sawpit (some minor stunts), and back out to your car.

If you can ride this loop, you are pretty strong...

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loll said:
Can't join you, but here is the ideal route if you have a big bike.

Up the road, take the buzzard/ridge fireroad, left on to the Cussack trail. Rejoin fireroad (detour to canadian bacon), right on ridge, down Corral (jumping....), up sulfer, down Braille (Stunts), return to car via hiln's mill fireroad....or if you have anything in your body still, left to ride up tractor, down sawpit (some minor stunts), and back out to your car.

If you can ride this loop, you are pretty strong...
Hi Loll,

Thanks for the route suggestions!

Michael:thumbsup:

·
Ariolimax columbianus
1,635 Posts
those directions describe a nice route but may be hard to follow unless you have a map or know your way around, the turn to cussacks is a right off buzzards (a little tucked away, you have to look for it), don't know if it's legal. i'd try to join but i'm going up to sf for the day.

·
Registered
321 Posts
a good loop for someone who doesn't know the trails too well is down hihns mill, up sulphur springs, down ridge to sawpit. Up Hihns Mill a little to Tractor. Up Tractor, left on Ridge, down Braille. Up Hihns Mill. I think that is around 15 miles. Climbs are somewhat difficult, but doable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.