Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this place have a ton of overgrown poison oak cluttering the trail? I've been hit with poison oak 3 times already this summer and I'm starting to get a bit cautious, at least for now. This summer was the first time I've been allergic to PO and now I seem super sensitive...:madmax:. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Watch out on Ridge...

There are some sections of Ridge trail that have poison oak hiding on the side of the trail. Nothing you can't avoid, but try not to get friendly with the plants along the side of the trail. Have fun out there!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are some sections of Ridge trail that have poison oak hiding on the side of the trail. Nothing you can't avoid, but try not to get friendly with the plants along the side of the trail. Have fun out there!
Thanks! I hate factoring in PO as part of my trail riding criteria but I just need a break from it...lol. Would you say, the best you can, which trail has less PO....Skeggs or Demo. Sorry for sounding so lame with these stupid questions. The only trails I've been riding since my outbreaks are Grant Ranch, Mission Peak, Pleasanton Ridge, Kennedy, and Alum Rock Boccardo and I need something a little more fun filled. I'll also appreciate any recommendations.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Thanks! I hate factoring in PO as part of my trail riding criteria but I just need a break from it...lol. Would you say, the best you can, which trail has less PO....Skeggs or Demo. Sorry for sounding so lame with these stupid questions. The only trails I've been riding since my outbreaks are Grant Ranch, Mission Peak, Pleasanton Ridge, Kennedy, and Alum Rock Boccardo and I need something a little more fun filled. I'll also appreciate any recommendations.
You're clearly experiencing the "once bitten, twice shy" syndrome. :) I'm allergic to poison oak, too. Had a couple of exposures over the last 12 months. However, I've never had a poison oak problem at Demo Forest, and I can't even recall a close call there. Same thing goes for Skeggs, for that matter.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're clearly experiencing the "once bitten, twice shy" syndrome. :) I'm allergic to poison oak, too. Had a couple of exposures over the last 12 months. However, I've never had a poison oak problem at Demo Forest, and I can't even recall a close call there. Same thing goes for Skeggs, for that matter.
LOL...you nailed it! My first encounter with that dreadful plant was harmless, the second was a nightmare :madmax:. Oh well, both episodes healed nicely with no scars and it's time to move on. All though I will definitely be more aware of my surroundings.

Good news on never having PO at either Skeggs or Demo...:thumbsup:.

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,826 Posts
I think you bay area mtn bikers have more things to worry about like Mike the mtn bike hater with his tree saw.:D:D:D:D Poison Oak is a pain but I suggest you wash off right after you get off the bike. I went off trail the other day (day dreaming) and rode in some PO.....slapped in the face. I cleaned off right after and have not gotten PO yet but it usually takes a week or so before I get it.

I wouldn't let a little plant dictate where you ride :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: just prepare for it in advance. Or if you're that sensitive you may need to think twice about mtn biking because I haven't seen a trail in NorCal that didn't have PO. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.