Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, we are looking forward to putting some finishing touches on the Epicenter Cycling adopted Segment 5 on Saturday 4/19 with our workday hosted by Mick's Automotive.

We are hoping to get it finalized as much as possible so that CAL FIRE can inspect and approve it for public access. We could use some volunteers!

Mick's Automotive. is a full service Santa Cruz auto repair shop specializing in the maintenance and repair of select Japanese vehicles. They will be hosting and will take good care of trail work volunteers with excellent hospitality. Finishing work on FOX-adopted segment 3 is also in the plan.

Can't make this Saturday's dig? Santa Cruz Bicycles is sponsoring the next work event on Saturday, May 3.

Who can come out?

Registration is on the form here.

Patty

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
I'm giving a tour to an out-o'-towner, but I might be able to come for the afternoon shift!

Let's build this thing before it gets hot and dusty. Bring a friend and share a miracle!

Edit: Looks like showing up late doesn't work well for Cal Fire, so I'll try to make the next one.

·
roadie
744 Posts
nice! looking forward to it!

for folks that want to ride in (i usually do) we can meet in the lot beforehand and head down hihn's mill together. if you already know where you're going and are gonna be late (or want to do a loop first) just make sure you find Patty or Drew at the worksite and sign the waiver first thing.

:D

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are planning on riding in, please come to the parking lot by 9:00am and sign in for the workday there - sign waivers, get your free lunch, and get assigned to a work crew. Especially if you haven't done a workday with us before, this is very important to keep CAL FIRE happy.

It's really difficult for us to manage the workday when people pop in at random times and aren't assigned to a crew or work location and haven't signed the waivers - and you won't know where to go to find the project managers.

No problem with riding around and coming in from the top instead dropping in to the bottom, but please show up at the start of the day for signing in, and get instructions on exactly WHERE to go to find your work party.

And if you haven't already, register using the form above so I know how many lunches and post-workday beerverages to buy. The form also has all kinds of useful info imbedded in it, so go here to register

:thumbsup: Patty

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, and I shoulda said so already, but THANKS to everyone who has signed up! Should be a spectacular day out in the woods!

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really stoked about the weather and the people coming together for an AWESOME workday tomorrow. Hoping we can get everything wrapped up to get the first segment opened soon!

Still time to register! I'm on my way to get lunch fixins now so get on the list!

More exclamation points!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.