Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Crash Dummy In Training
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some good demo days coming into Sac area.

Ibis -April 29th From: 2 pm - aprox. 7 pm @ River Rat Bikes in Fair Oaks Ca.

Yeti -May 6th From: 4 pm - 7 pm @ Roseville Cyclery in Down Town Roseville.

Specialized -May 10th From: 10 am to 3 pm @ Granite Bay Beach

Giant -May 11th From: 12 to 5 @ Granite Bay Beach (Note this date was changed from 5/10 to 5/11)

Good time to check out some new bikes.
Don't forget to bring helmet and pedals and shoes also ID and credit card just to insure you bring bike back.
Have fun !!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now that I hit all but the Ibis, here are some more in the area that would be fun to hit!

SantaCruz - Saturday, June 21, 2014 From 10:00am - 3:00pm @ Bicycles Plus Folsom, CA 705 Gold Lake Dr #320 (916) 355-8901

SantaCruz - Sunday, June 22, 2014 From 10:00am - 3:00pm @ Bicycle Emporium Auburn, CA 483 Grass Valley Hwy (530) 823-2900

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
How do those demos work? Is it similar to renting? I wouldn't want to ride the Bronson for example around the parking lot or even the trails around lake natoma. However I'd love to give it a run in Auburn.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do those demos work? Is it similar to renting? I wouldn't want to ride the Bronson for example around the parking lot or even the trails around lake natoma. However I'd love to give it a run in Auburn.
Bring a helmet, pedals, ID, and credit card and they'll set you up on a nice bike to ride. No need to pay or anything. You hit trails, and I had my demo bike/bikes out for an hour and a half and two hours plus at a time. :D

I've hit five demo's recently, all pretty darn fun.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
At the Ibis demo (in Fair Oaks) I got setup on the Ripley, threw it in the truck and jammed out to Salmon Falls for a REAL test. Was back ~6:30, no issues.

·
Crash Dummy In Training
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Demo question in general...are these for intermediate to advanced riders? Are they not recommended for beginners?
It's for beginners to advanced rider's you decide what to ride.
If you come up on a section you don't feel comfortable with just get off and walk the bike.
Just bring a set of pedals that you have a helmet/ Drivers license or Valid ID and a credit card.
For minors under 18 you will need a parent or guardian to sign the release form.
Great opportunity to ride bikes you may never get a chance to ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts