Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Brooklyn Bike Rider
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of changing geometry with the slots on my Demo..Whats the best way to remove the shock and flip it over. I was thinkin of onscrewing the big link from the seat stay side and pull out the shock from there...Never done this before..Anyone know a more efficient way to do this?..Thanks

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
Yeah you can remove the link form the seat stay or the chain stay. One thing to remember is to remove the rear wheel so you won't have to much wieght just pulling on the rear when you undo the bolts.

Also take it apart very slowly becuase you will get confused when all the spacers, washers, or whatever everything is called start falling out from the rear link and also the rear shock. This way you can catch them in the order that they are in before they fall out.

VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE.

One more thing it is a pain in the butt to get all the spacers and stuff to stay in when inserting the bolts. So it will help to have someone helping you.

These are my experiances so hopefully you will have a better one that I did.

·
Boomslang
159 Posts
Removing the link from the frame side is the easiest. It has the least amount of spacers to keep track of - only 2.

Jake Wake

skate said:
Yeah you can remove the link form the seat stay or the chain stay. One thing to remember is to remove the rear wheel so you won't have to much wieght just pulling on the rear when you undo the bolts.

Also take it apart very slowly becuase you will get confused when all the spacers, washers, or whatever everything is called start falling out from the rear link and also the rear shock. This way you can catch them in the order that they are in before they fall out.

VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE.

One more thing it is a pain in the butt to get all the spacers and stuff to stay in when inserting the bolts. So it will help to have someone helping you.

These are my experiances so hopefully you will have a better one that I did.

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
JakeWake said:
Removing the link from the frame side is the easiest. It has the least amount of spacers to keep track of - only 2.

Jake Wake
What are the torque specs on the black bolts for the link and also the rear shock.
I also have some other question, but I will P.M. you for those.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
derfernerf said:
heels120 i watched the vid u have in your sug. and i love the two cannondale bikes with the lefty i want one so bad but cant get one because of money so i will stick with my specialized hardrock
Thanks. I got my hardrock pro. It will have to do for now. I cant afford a DH/FR bike and a AM bike yet, im making my way to it though. Im getting a Prophet for my AM bike this december. The only reason I didn't part for a Stinky or Gemini was because around here you have to climb too. I might start saving for a freeride hardtail and still keep the Prophet.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
"Thanks. I got my hardrock pro. It will have to do for now. I cant afford a DH/FR bike and a AM bike yet, im making my way to it though. Im getting a Prophet for my AM bike this december. The only reason I didn't part for a Stinky or Gemini was because around here you have to climb too. I might start saving for a freeride hardtail and still keep the Prophet."

yea i plan to upgrade to a prophet 600 when i get the money but just like you i will stick with my hardrock (mines a sport) until then

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.