Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, whassup?

hey, I just wanted to see if anyone else is having or has had this happen to them.

I have a 2004 Demo 9 Pro, with the Ringle' rear 150mm-wide hub on it. It's stock, and it seems to work beutifully.

However, I'm getting a wicked-loud squeak out of the rear end of my bike. It almost sounds like an un-oiled door-hinge... but it's NOT the pivots. (already went through and re-lubed, and cleaned all of them, and then properly re-torqued them all).

It only happens when I'm pedaling, whether it be under power or not under power.

Has anyone else had this issue, and what did you do about it ? Please help! There's nothing more aggrivating than a nice-ass bike that sounds like a bad garbage truck coming down the road.

Thanks!

-Matt

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Rotor squeal.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Check your pedals and BB. In the MBA review they had problems with the pivots coming loose, but since you checked them you should be OK. Did you apply loctite to the pivot bolts? If not I would suggest it. Good luck those anonymous squeaks can be hard too locate.

·
Perpetrator of Lawsuits
393 Posts
It is probably the brake rotor. Mine did it when I first got the thing and it bugged the hell outa me. Check to see if the bolts on the rotor are tight--mine were not.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll go through those things and check.

Appriciate it! Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts