Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a 2004 Demo 9 frame.I would like to run an 05 Monster T on it,or possibly an 05 888RC.What`s your opinions? I don`t really care how heavy the Monster is.It`s just that I heard bad things about the 888.Has Marzocchi worked out the bugs in the 888? And if I go with a Monster T you think the Demo 9 can handle it? Thanks a lot!

·
Beyond the stars
745 Posts
I haven't had any problems . . .

with the 888 RR that came on my Demo, I switched it over to a 888 R and have the RR in the classifieds.

I'm sure the Demo could handle any fork you could install, even a super monster, if you wanted . . .

has that forged head tube thing going for it . . . .

and for me, I only "splash around in the kiddie pool" as far as jumps, drops and riding while others "swim with the sharks in the deep end" so for me, it doesn't matter.

Attachments

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
go with a shiver! ive never seen a demo 9 with one, or i just dont remeber

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
specialized probably specced demo's with 888's for a reason... i guess you could get something that has the same height as a 888... (i saw matt hunter on a 66 in nwd5, but there are probably other forks too)

oh.... and specialized also specced a demo with a dh40 ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
888RC it is!

I wish I would have read your post Ironhorse,cause thats a great deal.Too bad I already ordered my 888 and it`s on the way.But thanks anyhow.I`m sure you`ll get rid of it in no time for that price.I feel stupid for not logging on and checking this thread.Oh well,live and learn.If I don`t like the 888,I`ve already got a set of Shivers to put on it.Thanks everyone,you guys rock.And oh yeah, South Bay Freeride-you guys are the shiz.PoinK!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I`d go with something a bit bigger...

8" of travel.The super t is very good though.But i`d go with something with an inch more in travel,to keep the bikes geometry how it`s designed to be.I don`t know,maybe I`m stupid and it won`t affect it at all.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Bad things about the 888???

[SBF]SaSQuATCH said:
I just ordered a 2004 Demo 9 frame.I would like to run an 05 Monster T on it,or possibly an 05 888RC.What`s your opinions? I don`t really care how heavy the Monster is.It`s just that I heard bad things about the 888.Has Marzocchi worked out the bugs in the 888? And if I go with a Monster T you think the Demo 9 can handle it? Thanks a lot!
I had an 04' 888r on my Stinky Primo, and rode it hard for a year without any problems. I have an 888r on my Demo 9 now, and it's sick. I used to have a Monster on my RM7, great fork, but heavy. I'm not sure what the "bugs" are in the 888, but in my opinion it's an awesome fork. If you're dead set on having a "tank", then get the Monster. If you want a front end that is a little bit more manageable, go for the 888.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.