Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have the option of getting a Demo 8 frame and putting my current parts from my bighit onto the frame, these include 888RC, chainguide etc.. or for an extra $1000nzd I can get a Giant Glory brand new. I enjoy Freeriding and am getting into racing. what is the best option??

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,381 Posts
Lats said:
Ok, I have the option of getting a Demo 8 frame and putting my current parts from my bighit onto the frame, these include 888RC, chainguide etc.. or for an extra $1000nzd I can get a Giant Glory brand new. I enjoy Freeriding and am getting into racing. what is the best option??

Thanks
Is the Glory complete?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
nobody knows anything about the Giant Glory expect that the suspension design resembles the DW-Link system Ironhorse uses. where as on the other hand the DEMO series is proven (runs there own deisgn, that they didnt copy) and is held in high regard amongst riders. id choose the DEMO8 over the Glory because i know how tough and how well the DEMO series peforms...

not to mention the fact i owned one for 11 months and it was the best bikes ive ever ridden.

use that extra cash to pimp out the DEMO.
 

·
____________
Joined
·
872 Posts
BJ- said:
nobody knows anything about the Giant Glory expect that the suspension design resembles the DW-Link system Ironhorse uses. where as on the other hand the DEMO series is proven (runs there own deisgn, that they didnt copy) and is held in high regard amongst riders. id choose the DEMO8 over the Glory because i know how tough and how well the DEMO series peforms...

not to mention the fact i owned one for 11 months and it was the best bikes ive ever ridden.

use that extra cash to pimp out the DEMO.
The only thing BJ speaks truth on is that the Glory is not available yet, and the Demo 8 is.

Maybe the part about the Demo 8 being the best bike he's ever ridden too (but I guess we'd need to know how many different bikes he's ridden and for how long for that to mean anything.)

Everything else is a bunch of intranet fools urinating on each other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the price and the componentry that comes with the Glory I have decided to go for it. Even though I love the Demo's it is going to be a more practical option to get the Glory. So it is ordered and will be with me in mid Feb. :)

Thank you guys for your opinions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
well the glory would be new, a demo 8 is a really tough bike, also the i really don't like the idea of the shock mounts sticking out of the downtube like that or the shock postion. idk i;m getting they idea that you will get stuck going over things. idk, but it looks cool, plus it's new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did think of that, but I haven't had any problems hitting BB on anything and the shjock mount is higher than that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
Lats said:
I did think of that, but I haven't had any problems hitting BB on anything and the shjock mount is higher than that
just saying, it just looks it, but looks aren't everything right? sick bike though, i'm blown away by it.
 

·
Giant STP 06
Joined
·
575 Posts
Lats said:
For the price and the componentry that comes with the Glory I have decided to go for it. Even though I love the Demo's it is going to be a more practical option to get the Glory. So it is ordered and will be with me in mid Feb. :)

Thank you guys for your opinions
definitely post picks of it when you get it :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
Roaming Oregon said:
The only thing BJ speaks truth on is that the Glory is not available yet, and the Demo 8 is.

Maybe the part about the Demo 8 being the best bike he's ever ridden too (but I guess we'd need to know how many different bikes he's ridden and for how long for that to mean anything.)

Everything else is a bunch of intranet fools urinating on each other.
like Roaming Oregon said, noone knows anything about the Glory. (the DW-Link/Maestro System resemblence is purely internet speculation.) but most seem to know a bit a bit about the DEMO. either would be great bikes but id choose the DEMO8...
 

·
Still on Training Wheels!
Joined
·
1,107 Posts
free-rider_down-hiller said:
Trust the FSR :D
In Shivers We Trust!

Oh.......wrong thread......Wait...... I'm not SMT! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
I would give the giant a try because it's a new design which giant has deemed superior to the giant DH, which is still a great downhill bike. I'd also try it because you're going to have a larger pool of parts with the stock parts and your current parts to choose from when finalizing your build. Also it can be fun to be an early adopter, and not to have the same bike as everyone else. The Glory is probably a great bike, and so is the demo, but if you going to get a new bike, why not try a new design?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll have one of the first into the country, and certainly with the parts that come on it, I could easily chuck onto a different frame if I didn't like the set up.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top