Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On to a better post

I am looking for a good fork recommendation for my new demo 8 frame (new to me).
Will be doing a little bit of racing, bit of trails (long DH trails) and some Whistler type stuff in the OR and WA.

Would you guys go with a single crown or a double?
I really like the freedom of the sc but dc has its advantages as well.

Was thinking either a 66rc2x or a rock shox team

Lemme know what you think.

Thanks
Booner

This is also posted in the specy forum

·
keystone addict
542 Posts
It sounds like you're looking in the 800-900 dollar price range, but if you could go up to like 1100, I would highly recomend the 888 rc2x. Thats what I ride, and I love it more than any man should ever love a fork. I basically the same types of riding you do, and have never really felt hindered by the dual crown. Its something you get used to really quick, and its really nice to have eight inches of travel on the "oh, damm, this is gonna hurt,"-style nose landings that everyone of us experiences once in a while:p

My vpfree actually came with the boxxer team, but I swapped it out for the 888. That should pretty much say it all right there.

the 66 is a pimpin fork if you decide to go the single crown route. Its basically a single-crown 888 with an inch less travel, so how can you go wrong?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I put a team on my 8 and have also run an rc2x. both are very nice forks but incredibly different from one another. Although the 888 is a couple more $'s i highly recomend it. as far as the team goes, im on an 06 and love it, ive only had it about three weeks (ridden every day) so icant say much about durability. in considering a single crown be honest, are you really going to be bar spinning and t-whipping a demo 8(please dont bring x ups into this, keep them w/ the bow legged table). If you are that ill a rider then kudos go send it but if not slap a double crown on that pr!ck and use the bike for what its meant(which it sounds like you plan to). Anyhoo sorry about the rantette and the botom line is that if thr boxxer was made before 06 its got no business on such a fine steed!!

·
Innovate or die!
702 Posts
the ultimate match for the demo 8 is the 40 because of its amazing rigidity, strength, and efficient but buttery suspension, just like the frame.

However, that seems a little out of your price range.

My friend recently got a boxxer team, and although it is not a 40, it is a dam good fork for the money you pay, especially if you EP it.

A Dual Crown is gonna be stiffer, stronger, and fit better with the geometry of the demo 8 (which is already on the steeper side of DH head angles, tho IMO its perfect).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.