Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone could answer this question. How come a medium demo 8 feels smaller than the medium demo 9? I've heard that the wheelbases are different but I'm just wondering if this is true or if there is another reason. Thanks, any input would be great.

·
Get Down Do you
584 Posts
Yes as revmonkey stated the bikes are different sizes. The 9 is a DH racer while the 8 is more freeride. The longer wheelbase is a neccessity for racing while the shorter wheelbase makes hucking that much easier.

Also you will note that the 9 is also lighter than the 8.

Decide what/how you plan to ride and then go from there. If you are not ever planning on racing I would stick with the 8 it's a much sturdier frame.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Muggsly said:
Yes as revmonkey stated the bikes are different sizes. The 9 is a DH racer while the 8 is more freeride. The longer wheelbase is a neccessity for racing while the shorter wheelbase makes hucking that much easier.

Also you will note that the 9 is also lighter than the 8.

Decide what/how you plan to ride and then go from there. If you are not ever planning on racing I would stick with the 8 it's a much sturdier frame.
Whoa dude, no offense, but your whole post is wrong.
The Demo 8 is Specialized's DH race bike. This is the bike that all their pro's run.
Even the Demo 8 has a long wheelbase for a DH race bike. The medium is a 46.5 or so.
Also the Demo 8 is way lighter than the Demo 9.

·
Get Down Do you
584 Posts
Jeremy R said:
Whoa dude, no offense, but your whole post is wrong.
The Demo 8 is Specialized's DH race bike. This is the bike that all their pro's run.
Even the Demo 8 has a long wheelbase for a DH race bike. The medium is a 46.5 or so.
Also the Demo 8 is way lighter than the Demo 9.
yeah you are right ... I was typing so fast so switch the numbers and my post is correct :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.