Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a demo 7 II and racing it this year, but it will also be used for trail riding also. I've had some ppl say that a demo 8 would be better. I'm wondering just wich one would be better and look for some opinions. I've also considered an sx trail. Thanks

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
If you want to do trail riding buy an SXT and then get reducer cups for the bottom headset race and throw on a boxxer lowered to 7 inches when you want to race. Best of both worlds. Neither of the Demo's are fun at all for trailriding... kinda like having sex with an overweight cousin.

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
his dudeness said:
...Neither of the Demo's are fun at all for trailriding... kinda like having sex with an overweight cousin.
a. how do you know???? :eek:
b. unlike trail/DH riding, sex with an overweight cousin doesn't get any better when you head downwards... in fact, quite possibly the opposite...:eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

·
UNDEAD
485 Posts
This has been discussed before, try a search
But...

Demo 7: Aggressive freeride that will handle anything you throw at it, 1.5 headtube; single crown goodness, Totems are killer!
Demo 8: Downhill oriented, 1 1/8 headtube ease for dual crown, more travel (not much after removing travel reducer spacer on Demo 7) plus Sam Hill will be ripping on one this season...though it's "highly modified"??????

Neither I would recommend for trail riding, WAAAY to slack headtube angles.
Buy a 5-6 inch bike for that (Pitch)

If your looking for one bike to do it all, like previously mentioned go with the SXTrail

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Do with the Demo 7.........ride it and love it, then if you find you need it, you can always add a dual ring in the front for climbing, the demos do not climb very well not matter what you do to them, but the dual ring will make it easier, as long as you are not in a hurry to get there, you will be fine. When i was recovering from my knee surgery my buddy went out XC riding with me, i took my Stumpy 29er FSR, and he took my demo 8 II with a single ring to even things up because my knee was so weak, now his is at the top of expert class here, but he climbed everything on it, he compared it to riding a very heavy and inefficient single speed, lol, but he made all the climbs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.