Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
fnInt(1/x^2,x,0,1)
448 Posts
Nice looking frame!

What are the dimensions? I like that down tube - non-round is an eye-catcher and probably a good stiffener (not an attempt at high school humor)...

·
Registered
643 Posts
had never heard of Dekerf before, but it looks really clean. I love the wishbone stays. Their 'Tuning Fork' is nice too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geo

fleanutz said:
Nice looking frame!

What are the dimensions? I like that down tube - non-round is an eye-catcher and probably a good stiffener (not an attempt at high school humor)...

Effective
Top tube 24

Seat tube 20.5

Chain Stay 17.5

Wheel base 43.5

BB height 12

Head Tube 4.625

Seat angle 73

Head angle 71.5

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Krankensteine said:
Nice reference to Michael's bike. He rode this one in the Cape Epic in South Africa.
I had no idea that Michael rode this frame, but I do know that DeKerf built frames for Spot during the Spot heydey. You can see the similiarities between the two brands. I loved the way my Spot rode, but sadly 29er won over the love of my frame.

Nice frame!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finished product

Finally all together. parts list goes like this:

* Frame Year: '08
* Color: Emerald Green
* Fork: Manitou Minute Absolute
* Brakes: Formula K24
* Cranks: Middleburn RS-7 175mm
* Bottom Bracket: FSA Platinum Pro
* Chain Ring: Boone 32 tooth
* Rear cog: Boone 19 tooth
* Chain Sram PC-1
* Stem: Thompson X4 120mm 10 degree
* Handlebar: FSA carbon dh
* Seatpost: Moots Ti layback
* Saddle: Brooks Swift Ti rails
* Headset: Chris King
* Grips: ODI Rogue Lock On
* Front Tire: WTB Weirwolf 2.55
* Rear Tire: Schwalbe Little Albert 2.1
* Wheels: I9s with Stan's Arch rims

Now I need the trails to dry out. Lots of rain lately in my area.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Most beautiful bike I've ever seen. I always lust for Dekerf (he welded my ti bike's disc tabs - very cool guy). Love the Boone ring and cog and of course the I9 wheels. So hot!

·
Down South Yooper
1,010 Posts
smoen81 said:
what's the bolt for on the brace running between the chainstays (just behind the bottom bracket in the post #7)?
It's a threaded boss for mounting fenders, probably just plugged with a bolt to keep it from filling with mud/sand/water/etc.

Plum

·
Down South Yooper
1,010 Posts
smoen81 said:
Thanks, that's what i figured it was for, but I don't think I've ever seen one that has a bolt actually in the hole.
I tend to run a bolt in every threaded boss on my bikes, just to keep the threads clean. I'm not much of a weight weenie, but if you were, plastic bolts can be used. Disc brake rotor bolts are much lower profile and less conspicuous as well..

Plum

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice!

Beautiful build! Hope you can ride it soon - I'd be interested in a ride report. My wife has a Dekerf (26") and still says it's the best handling bike she's ridden:thumbsup: .

Any idea what it weighs in at? Gotta be light...

Enjoy,

E

1 - 20 of 25 Posts