·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Press Release
January 31, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Dekerf Cycle Innovations to Continue Operations

After having announced the closing of Dekerf Cycle Innovations back in September of last year, Chris Dekerf, the founder and owner of the company, has reconsidered that decision. Since announcing the close, the company has received a flood of support from both retailers and consumers in the form of orders and encouragement to continue producing the legendary frames.

Today, the company launched its new 2007 website. The new site amalgamates the former UK and Canadian sites into one new site with much more depth, and consumer participation. For 2007 the company also brings forth an expanded product line including new road, cyclocross, titanium, and 29R models.

The company will also forge ahead with a new and innovative business model, allowing consumers to have better access to Dekerf products and information, and at the same time continuing to support retailers who in tern support the brand.

Chris Dekerf wishes to thank all those whose voices of support and encouragement have led to this decision to continue the brand.

To start our new Year off with a bang we will be sponsoring the Custom Builders and Canadian Bikes Sections on MTBR!

·
Registered
323 Posts
awesome news! I was sooo bummed to hear DeKerf's announcement in September because I really dig your frames and hope to be able to do business in the future with you guys.

Bryan

·
Registered
496 Posts
Nice to hear

This is nice to hear, A canadian frame builder to stay!!

I had talked to Chris back in late november about a 29er fork, and somehow was left with the impression that Dekerf would not close its doors.

Keep up the legendary work Chris!!

VernDogger:thumbsup:

·
going for a ride
581 Posts
I want to wish Chris and Jamie the best for the next 17 years to come. I was saddened by the news that Chris decided to shut the company down last year. The bicycling world would be missing one of the best framebuilders out there. Congratulations guys on deciding to keep building some of the best frames in the world.
Still loving my Implant as I always did.

·
resident crackpot
483 Posts
Awesome! When I heard of the closing news last year I thought, crap, and I almost had wifey convinced I needed to buy a new DeKerf. So, I set off contacting DeKerf about doing some repair work to my Generation. I feel a bit better now about when I sent it. The closing of the doors was supposed to be 31JAN2007, and I shipped out about two weeks before that. I thought I would be pressing the timeline...glad to see that is no longer a concern. Chris is the nicest dude and I hope to again think of expanding my DeKerf herd.

Thanks Chris!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.