Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about picking up some Deity components for my GT Sanction and I just wanted to get some opinions...

I'm looking at a pair of the 31.8 Twenty 14 handlebars and a Fantom stem.

My local shop carries both and I love to support rider-driven companies, plus they look pretty freaking sweet :D

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear 'em...

·
= dirt torpedo =
1,210 Posts
Deity puts out solid goods! I run their cranks, bars, stem, seat, without any complaints.
and Eric is the coolest motherfuker that will make sure that you're a happy customer.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Used an '07 31.8 stem/bar combo on my Prophet and loved it. Super stable and super pimp. My only gripe with Deity is that they don't publish weights on their site! Eric, pretty please?

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
I run the Diety bars.. They are actually super light compared to other brands. I have a friend that runs the bars and stem and loves them! Also, Diety Components are not too pricy in comparison to other top-o-the-line components. You wont be disappointed with them.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I had their bar/stem/crankset in 06 in white. The bar/stem combo was nice, the bars were some of the most comfortable I've used... they just put your hands in a great position for pinning it. The crankset was pretty pimp too, a little finicky to set up (getting a good chainline is crucial) but I never had problems with it. Eric also is one of the coolest dude's around, some of the best C.S. that I've ever experienced period. I've called the guy several times at random just to see how his company is doing and he always makes time to chat about bikes, parts, and sweet trails.

I do advise on staying away from the white powdercoated stuff though. As cool and bling as it is when new, they show dirt really fast and unless they're cleaned off really well they still look dirty and kinda [email protected] Of course this is only my experience with them from a couple years back, Eric has a new powdercoating process now so I'm sure it's good to go. His parts seem to get more and more dialled every year.

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
I have the white 2014 bars and the Dirty 30s and they are both excellent. Durable, and provide good hand positioning. I also have the older cranks, with a Deity 34t ring and the quarter-bash and the FR saddle on my DJ bike and they are good products as well. Sturdy, and no problems.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm selling a white pair of 31.8 bars with a matching oversized stem if you are interested. Loved them but I just built up a new hardtail so I don't have any use now.

·
I AM I AM
2,222 Posts
Got the 2014's on my bike at the moment, but stripped to raw. Great bars and not overly heavy by any means but not anorexic either.
Others I would consider is Funn Fatboy, Truvativ Holzefeller both which seem to be great value.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up picking up the bars and stems - so far so good. They feel great, they're not overly heavy and they look sick.

Of course I've only hit the tame trails near my house, so I can't wait to get them on the trail (or better yet to get back up to Sugarbush)!

Thanks for the advice all y'all!

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
My 25.4 2014s are only marginally heavier than Protapers (very light). I actually swapped from the 31.8 to the 25.4, the 31.8 was just beating me up on my aluminum street ride. Eric is a super chill dude. Great products and some outstanding service behind it.

·
KoNa KiD
325 Posts
deity makes rock solid stuff i love it.......im runnin there bars, stem, bar ends, seat post, seat, crank and ring.....love there stuff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.