Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that,,,,
only reason i asked is, i have a ccdb for my dt, and am seriously considering a delirium, so i wonderd if it was worth keeping the ccdb to go on the new bike, or would it be best to get the new bike with a ccdb already fitted, looks like i will remove the ccdb and swap it over if i do decide to get the new delirium,
i am aware that i would need new hardware for the shock to fit the new delirium, thought i would mention that before someone else did lol :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
intresting point there dude,,,,, to be honest i have never experimented with the settings of the shock or the adjustments on the frame,

one question for you dude,
did you manage to get your ccdb set up on your delirium,,,,,,, were you happy with the end result, what shock are you running now.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
The shock size is that same, but the hardware on one end is different.

I have the CCDB. I found that softer spring with more preload was ideal. CCDB can take up to 6 turns of spring preload. I am using 4. The softer spring handles the small bumps better and the Knolly suspension curve handles the deep travel great.

For DH riding, I remove 1 turn of preload.

I also spent sometime getting my springs tested and found a significant spread in response and claimed rate. I highly recommend this.

Yes, I am happy with it. The new RC4 is better good as well. Dom is liking that shock on the Delirium.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Adjusting the chainstay length on the DT did effect the travel. I believe it was closer to 6.3 in short mode and 6.7 with the drop outs in full length.

There was also enough clearance to run a longer length shock to receive even more travel. However, I don't believe this was endorsed by Knolly as well as that running the longer stroke shock steepend the headangle/ raised the BB height and even slightly changed the shock leverage rates. Though I don't know to what effect.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on the new delirium, the shock hardware is differant on one end, is this hardware removeable or is it secured to the shock,
if i was to get a new delirium and take the ccdb off my dt, and the sock off the new delirium. could i remove the hardware from that shock and put it on my ccdb so it would fit the new frame, or would i have to order specific hardware for the ccdb to make it fit the new frame.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
delirian said:
on the new delirium, the shock hardware is differant on one end, is this hardware removeable or is it secured to the shock,
if i was to get a new delirium and take the ccdb off my dt, and the sock off the new delirium. could i remove the hardware from that shock and put it on my ccdb so it would fit the new frame, or would i have to order specific hardware for the ccdb to make it fit the new frame.
You might be able to use the same hardware depending on the shock. I had a Vivid coil and the hardware on that shock had some additional metal that got in the way of a flush fit. I was able to grind it down to make it fit. I didn't realize this until the Delirium showed up at my door. I did order the proper hardware from CC but I'm impatient.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
delirian said:
thanks for the rapid reply,,,,,,
so i would have to get the hardware from cc not from knolly.
my ccdb will be going off for a service soon so could i get tf tuned to stick on new hardware while they were servicing it,
I also forgot to mention if your CCDB has the old style "spherical" bushings in the eyelet you'll need to send it into CC to get it converted to the "Fox style bushings". The older CCDB's came with those but it put too much pressure on the shock bolt so they changed it up.

Knolly might have some kicking around but CC would be the place that would definitely have it.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks again pal...
my shock is a 2009, model. it was purchased in from fanatyko in whistler back in september 2009. so not to sure if the bushings would need changing. not sure if it matters or not but thought i would mention it anyway, fanatyko did order the shock directly off knolly,

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
delirian said:
thanks again pal...
my shock is a 2009, model. it was purchased in from fanatyko in whistler back in september 2009. so not to sure if the bushings would need changing. not sure if it matters or not but thought i would mention it anyway, fanatyko did order the shock directly off knolly,
Glad to help. The way to tell if it has spherical bushings is to look at bushing/reducer intersection. If it's rigid when you twist it then you have the Fox style and your fine. If shock twists and feels like it's attached to rubber then they are spherical and you need to send it in.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
skinnies said:
There was also enough clearance to run a longer length shock to receive even more travel. However, I don't believe this was endorsed by Knolly as well as that running the longer stroke shock steepend the headangle/ raised the BB height and even slightly changed the shock leverage rates. Though I don't know to what effect.
I'm running a 2.75" CCDB on my DT and it works great. The BB is a little higher, and the angle is a little steeper (same angle as the "steep" setting, although I have the shock mounted in the slack setting). I don't think it effects the leverage rate though since I'm still using the same holes (the shock is traveling through the same area). It isn't a supported setup from Knolly, but I'm worried about it hurting the DT.

·
Registered
197 Posts
fedup2 said:
I to was hoping to fit my ccdb from my intense ss2 which is 8.5x2.5 on a new delirium ,Will this fit?Are there 2 shock positions on the delirium? thanks,brett
As long as you have the correct hardware and spacers it will. The shock is the correct size. There are actually 3 shock positions on the Delirium, which give you 0, 0.5 and 1.0 degrees of head angle adjustment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.