Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone compilted one with A-C, weight, stanchion size and travel measurments (or any portion thereof)?

Maverick has a nice one for 26" forks but I can't seem to find anything for the 29er set.

TIA,

Sean

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Maverick seems to some up every 2 or 3 thread as something we'd like in 29". Maverick, though, has said probably already become tired of selling everyone "no". Perhaps they could sell more 29" forks than they do 26", like WB seems to be experiencing.
I think a list like you mention will become increasingly interesting after Interbike, some 2 months from now. New offerings from Winwood, Rockshox and others, could be measured by a volunteer. Who volunteers?

On Maverick, some engineer should divse a 29" conversion kit and offer it, he'd get customers for sure.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I emailed Mav directly about...

...a kit to truncate full travel at 100mm to allow for a 29er. Have yet to hear back...doubt I will.

That would be a sick 29er SS fork - stiff as a mofo and only 3.4#.

Cloxxki said:
Maverick seems to some up every 2 or 3 thread as something we'd like in 29". Maverick, though, has said probably already become tired of selling everyone "no". Perhaps they could sell more 29" forks than they do 26", like WB seems to be experiencing.
I think a list like you mention will become increasingly interesting after Interbike, some 2 months from now. New offerings from Winwood, Rockshox and others, could be measured by a volunteer. Who volunteers?

On Maverick, some engineer should divse a 29" conversion kit and offer it, he'd get customers for sure.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
How much stiffer would you rate it, compared to a 3,45lb White Brothers? I can hardly tell that one from a steel Surly fork when it's locked out. Okay, the 100mm WB version might weight 2 ounces more. At least, that was the difference between the XC .8 and XC 1.0 I weighed once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.