Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be a good idea to compile a list of MTB terms for newbies to look at. I'm thinking of words along the lines of: fireroad, singletrack, shuttles, etc. Maybe we can even include common acronyms like XC and such. Some of these things (such as types of trails) could probably be best explained with pictures, but I'm too lazy to look up some right now, so maybe you guys can help me out.

This could also be a good thread to ask "stupid questions" about what some things mean.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
This is the kind of beginner thread that needs a sticky....IMO at least
Something perhaps with basic newb links in it, best trail tool, definitions..I dunno stuff like that...
But right up front, a thread packed with alot of useful newb stuff would save time searching...Sometimes searching for something depends heavily on the proper word, something a newb might miss...
Tony

·
Never worng!
622 Posts
CdaleTony said:
This is the kind of beginner thread that needs a sticky....IMO at least
Something perhaps with basic newb links in it, best trail tool, definitions..I dunno stuff like that...
But right up front, a thread packed with alot of useful newb stuff would save time searching...Sometimes searching for something depends heavily on the proper word, something a newb might miss...
Tony
Good idea.
Especially agree with, "Sometimes searching for something depends heavily on the proper word, something a newb might miss..."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.