Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I am torn between racing sport or JR.X. I can get a top 10 finish in JR.X or race sport and get a top 3. I don’t know what to do can some one give me a course Description for SPORT AND JR.X. I really want a challenge so I am leaning more towards JR.X

PS I ride North Star so rocky is not a big deal but I have a lot of fun on tech stuff. So what does it sound like I should race?

PLEASE SHOW PICS IF YOU HAVE ANY of any of deer valley just to get a feel or the terrain!!

ALSO IS ANY ONE ELSE GOING

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
If you're fast enough that you know you can get at least top10 in Jr. X then do it. There's no reason to be sandbagging in sport if you're that serious about doing Jr. X.

-Spoken from a Jr. Sport who hates it when racers sandbag in Sport just to get a win, when they're obviously way too fast for the rest of the racers in the class. :)

(Not trying to attack you, just saying my opinion that I'd go for Jr. X)

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
This weekend

I went last Saturday, will probably go up again this weekend. I can stop and take pictures on NCS if you want, PM me. If you don't need me to, I won't stop on the way down! :D

It's rocky and dusty up there (duh) and the corners get pretty soft, but are deep enough it doesn't matter too much. I can give more info next time I am up.

Always race the harder category. You gain nothing if you don't push yourself.

JMH

yetirider1989 said:
SO I am torn between racing sport or JR.X. I can get a top 10 finish in JR.X or race sport and get a top 3. I don't know what to do can some one give me a course Description for SPORT AND JR.X. I really want a challenge so I am leaning more towards JR.X

PS I ride North Star so rocky is not a big deal but I have a lot of fun on tech stuff. So what does it sound like I should race?

PLEASE SHOW PICS IF YOU HAVE ANY of any of deer valley just to get a feel or the terrain!!

ALSO IS ANY ONE ELSE GOING

·
Registered
148 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
why don't you just race beginner and win, you fuckin' sandbagging piece of ****. you are the reason the race scene is going down the shitter.....
Actually he might not be a sandbagger but simply be delusionnal. A top 3 in sport is nowhere near equivalent to a top 10 in jr X at a national. More like top 30.. "May be"

·
I Just Ride....
913 Posts
Waterfall, From The Frontside...

These are at the "Waterfall" from the front, from last year's race.
This first one is of 2005 29-34(Or whatever the age range is) Expert National Champ and mtbr's very own Joe Hanrahan!

This is a Jr-Xer..

I have others at the orignal thread I posted
https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=112716

Brian

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK so

for people who say i am a sand bagger, may be i am. but this is my second year raceing i got a 50th last year at sea otter and that was it for racing last year. this year i got 11th and CHDH, sea otter 35th, fontana 2nd, now deer valley

CHDH was JR.X
the rest was sport

SO call me a sand bagger but for my first year of real racing i should race BEG

also have only been ridin for 2 years

DONT CALL ME A SAND BAGGER ITS MY FIRST YEAR

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
yetirider1989 said:
OK so

for people who say i am a sand bagger, may be i am. but this is my second year raceing i got a 50th last year at sea otter and that was it for racing last year. this year i got 11th and CHDH, sea otter 35th, fontana 2nd, now deer valley

CHDH was JR.X
the rest was sport

Nice defense!!! It's my first year of racing and I'm doing beginner / junior/ XC ( although I do freeride for fun) and I've gotten 3rd both times. I plan on doing 1 more race in beginner and if I get top 6, I'll go to Sport.

Only 2 years into the sport and already racin', I like that...nice! :thumbsup:
If you win or place top 10, move up.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
yetirider1989 said:
OK so

CHDH was JR.X
the rest was sport

It's all good dude. It really depends on how you feel. If you feel that at your other races you were about the same ability and skill as a lot of the sport kids, then race sport. But if you feel faster than that or want to push yourself then go for jr. x.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
just because its your first year racing doesn't mean you should be racing beginner. I'm going to do some races this year, I've been mountain biking for 14 years, should I race beginner? Doubt it. It all depends on your ability, when you ask a group of riders if you should race the easier class because you know you can podium, expect to get called a sandbagger. Sandbagger.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.