Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Jason
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me when it ends? I had planned to ride the area of Sorber Mtn. near Noxen this weekend. I forgot it was hunting season until today. I usually ride from the center of Noxen, through the state game lands and Ricketts Glen. Not going to happen now. So... when can I safely ride through this area again. I know nothing about the hunting schedules.

·
Last, not lost.
210 Posts
Ends the 10th, Ride the 11th. There is a late season that includes archery and muzzleloader from Dec 26 - Jan 16th also.

·
Jason
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's no hunting on Sundays?

·
Registered
100 Posts
you can ride most places during flintlock season. Not many guys out in the woods then. and they only get one shot, so you won't have any guys firing for no reason at something they aren't sure of.

·
Jason
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
You can ride a couple...

...of county parks during hunting season.....Moon Lake and Merli-Sarnoski ....have seen some hunters near the edge of the property at Moon Lake but have not had any problems at all.

·
Chilling out
6,030 Posts
...of county parks during hunting season.....Moon Lake and Merli-Sarnoski ....have seen some hunters near the edge of the property at Moon Lake but have not had any problems at all.
Note that I *have* encountered deer hunters inside Moon during hunting season. Last year I came across a guy dragging his kill out, he was near Deacon. Don't assume that just because you're in an area there should be no hunting that there is no hunting going on.

·
Registered
371 Posts
You should be able to ride any time during hunting season. Just take appropriate measures, wear some flo orange.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Came across a deer stomach right in the middle of the trail today. Thanks guys, you couldn't put it two feet over off the trail?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
You should be able to ride any time during hunting season. Just take appropriate measures, wear some flo orange.
Well, it's illegal on state gamelands. Except Sunday. Until sometime in late winter/early spring, I forget. It's on the PA Game Commission website

·
921 Posts
Came across a deer stomach right in the middle of the trail today. Thanks guys, you couldn't put it two feet over off the trail?
Crazy, the exact same thing happened to me this morning at Roaring Creek - full gut pile. I didn't see it til the last second and came extremely close to riding right through it. The worst part was the guy clearly knew it was a trail because you could see where he used the same trail to drag his deer out. What a dick.

·
Jason
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ended up doing a road ride instead. Like nepmtba said, Noxen is a different world. I didn't want to risk anything.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts