Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My co-workers and I rode the McKenzie River trail from Deer Creek Hot Spring to Sahalie Falls and back yesterday. We wanted to get one last ride in before it snows. I rode my fixie 69er, and my co-workers Tom and Mitch had their full boing gearies. We made it out just before dark. Nothing broken. Good times.

Pics

1. Deer Creek Hot Spring looking downsteam on the McKenzie River.

2. Deer Creek bridge from the hot spring. Looking up river.

3. Deer Creek Hot Spring along the Mckenzie river trail.

4. Three Eugene bike mechanics at Deer Creek Hot Spring. We were all wearing Shower Pass rain jackets. Two Tom's and a Mitch.

5. Tom and Mitch on the new Deer Creek bridge on the MRT.

6. Deer Creek, one long bridge, brand new.

7. MRT along Deer Creek.

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Falls and the Blue Pool.

Pics.........

1. Amazing trail through a rock slide, so smooth. Sparty section.

2. Mitch and Tom, just abover Deer Creek on Mr T.

3. Trail Bridge Lake

4. Mitch riding a wheelie on Trail Bridge dam.

5. The Blue Pool on the McKenzie River Trail.

6. Two ways to get a bike across a bridge.

7. Koska Falls on the McKenzie river.

8. Sahalie Falls, just above Koska.

9. Crossing Smith river on the MRT.

Attachments

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,326 Posts
Thanks for the vicarious hit, Lef-t. It stuns me to see photos of a rider in shorts & short sleeve jersey as I look out my window at 2+ inches of snow on the ground (one day later).

Always good to see your photo journal posts.

--Sparty

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder how it looks on the MRT now?

Sparticus said:
Thanks for the vicarious hit, Lef-t. It stuns me to see photos of a rider in shorts & short sleeve jersey as I look out my window at 2+ inches of snow on the ground (one day later).

Always good to see your photo journal posts.

--Sparty
We got a dusting of snow in Thurston overnight. It surprised me how Mitch was dressed, Me and Tom were covered in layers, some folks have more cold tolerance. I'm always over dressed.

Mitch took a spectacular spill between Sahalie and Koska. He grabed a tree and held on to his bike with his leg to keep from falling off the trail into the canyon. The lava section can be dangerous, I'm glad he made it ok.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yup, Mtn. Larry and I did MRT from the Ranger station to the next road crossing past Deer Creek road (bottom of Trailbridge reservoir), 24 miles total, on Thursday.

Stupidly (subconsciously?), I left my fanny pack at Harbicks :madman: , and with the weather and my schedule, Thursday night was the best time for me to go back and get it.

And SINCE I had to go back, and SINCE I had my lights and charged up batteries, and SINCE the weather was about to tank, I got in some bonus night-ride miles on King Castle Trail. Above the fog line, it was incredibly clear and beautiful.

Nice day (and night!)....and just in time, too.:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.