Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been snowshoing the Deer Creek loops in the early AM since I've been back and this morning it struck me that the snow is set up hard enough now that it's doable on a LGP snow bike like a Pugsley or whatnot; at least in the early hours of the morning. With all the traffic it's gotten lately, it's got a nice hard 2' wide crust on top of the trails that the shoes don't even dig into but still enough loose snow for traction. The "wall" is almost a smooth trail now, you'd probably still have to push up it, but it'd be a blast coming down! Worst part of the trail is just leaving the parking lot but after the first 100 yards or so, it's golden.

·
Stayin' Puft
1,241 Posts
Did ya?

Did either of you guys give this a shot? I may head over late this morning and check it out...we only got like another 2" of snow by my house, and with the cold temps it could make that "crust" nice and...solid? :)

·
Stayin' Puft
1,241 Posts
What to do when it's one degree...

So...what is an LGP bike?

With the single digit temps I think we have a brief window of floating on a real nice crust! Right now Deer Creek is Pugsley heaven. My 1x1 with 2.7's was pretty happy too...

I am going back tomorrow with a lower gear, less air in my tires, and better shoes.

Notice how the chain is sagging in the picture? Does your frame shrink when it is 1 degree? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts